CHAPTER NINE

Emilia felt her throat tighten and her body felt numb-it was happening again, she was being overtaken by her nightmares, and she still had no control in stopping it

She was in the middle of the forest, but instead of being in her younger body, she was in her current one.

The nightmare had felt the same, but the moment she turned her back-she felt her throat hitch as a blood-curdling scream had made its way out of her lungs and formed into a wave of sound that consumed any noise around her.

Unlike her usual nightmares, instead of her family-it was the pack, and each of them had the same exact claw marks that her parents had-the ones she caused was now indented into the flesh of her friends-and to her horror Liam.

All she could do was scream as she looked at the lifeless and pale forms of them all-their hollowed eyes all looked at her, like they were telling her she had done this, and it was her fault they were all dead.

She heard the wind trying to battle her screams, and felt another presence behind her.

Once she turned, she felt her legs fall numb to Allison Argent staring at her with a bow in hand-the arrow directed to her.

"You killed them" Emilia felt her self shake at the way her voice sounded exactly like the Allison she knew.

Trying her best to deny that it was all a nightmare, every single detail of the late Argent was exactly that of when she first met her years ago. The night she and the huntress were on different sides, as she was being manipulated by her own grandfather.

Allison had released the bow as it came flying to her-leaving Emilia to not move and instead she had jolted awake out of breath.

She was free from the nightmare, but her chest felt like it was really impaled by the arrow-and the sickening image of the pack dead before her eyes had burned into her mind.

She just needed Liam-at that moment, but the harsh realization hit her that it was impossible to wish that when he didn't remember her.

He had forgotten her.

Deciding not to go with Theo to the game, she stayed in their home and ended up just sleeping away the exhaustion she had been fighting. Emilia probably had not taken a good long rest since before the events of the Ghost Riders. Those months when it was actually normal for once, was too good to be true.

And it was not over, especially with the dreadful feeling that there were new enemies among them and one of them being the cause of her erased existence. She wanted to believe that they had a single lead on who had caused it, but they were left empty-handed.

Another night and she had lost her chance of being able to sleep, but she knew that her nightmares were just laughing behind the shadows as it taunted her.

She wanted to escape from it, but she had no idea how when her nightmares were slowly growing into becoming the inner demons she feared behind the doors she tried to keep closed.