CHAPTER TWENTY TWO

"They're safe-" Juniper's voice trailed off through Theo's phone, making the others hear it

When Scott's dad arrived-which was her contact, she went along with him while the werewolves and Lydia had agreed to leave Beacon Hills.

Though-it was not the truth of them leaving, but only the pack knew that.

Theo, on the other hand, had tried to go with Juniper-but she didn't allow it making him stay with the pack, knowing it was safer for him.

"I hate lying to Mason" Emilia laid on Liam's bed as he packed a bag.

"It's for his safety," He told her sitting on the bed

"I know it is, but just imagine how Corey feels having to lie to him" She grumbled sitting up

"We can always try and persuade Scott" He draped his arm over her dragging her down his bed," But we can do that after we cuddle for a bit-"

"Liam" She turned to him playfully warning him

"Emilia" He mimicked making her roll her eyes "Come on babe, I've had my lack of Emilia for almost four months now"

"Lack of-Oh shut up" She lightly hit his chest only for him to chuckle and connect his lips with her own. It lasted for a while, until he pulled away and looked down at her," I did the one thing, I promised I would never do"

"It couldn't be helped Liam" She lifted her hands to his cheek

"I know, but I'm still angry with myself-and we still don't know what caused it" He retorted making her pull him to the side to keep their eye level the same

"The hunters are our main priority, Liam, let's not worry about it, okay?"

"I'm not just going to drop it" He pursed his lips

"Just for now, babe-" She leaned forward connecting her lips to his," I'm just glad some people are remembering"

"I don't know how you can handle it," He said in between the kiss

"Being forgotten was hard, don't get me wrong-but considering everything that is happening, it's honestly not that bad" She tried to tell him, but she even knew herself that it still hurts.

"I love you, but you don't have to always act strong for me" He leaned his forehead on her own

She let out a chuckle closing her eyes," You know, Hayden's got it easy leaving this town"

Liam shifted his body facing the ceiling "I wouldn't call it easy-I rather put it as unfair to the pack"

"Maybe...that's true, but-still, Beacon Hills is where everything just keeps getting worse-she was smart to leave"

"Do you want to leave?" He turned his head to her

"Yeah I do" She confessed making his face fall but she reached over grabbing his hand," But not until I know our family is safe"

"I kind of got worried there for a second" He stated," because if you did-you know I'd follow you"

"I know you would, and that's the main reason I'm staying"

"I'm the main reason?" He teased leaning up shifting his body so now that he was hovering over her," If I dare say, Emilia Crooke, do you have a crush on me?"

"Oh?" Her eyes glowed as she pushed him, with her now straddling him," What gave it away?" He let out a breath, feeling his body heat up and his eyes glowing as well-words were not exchanged after the moment he leaned forward crashing his lips onto her own.