CHAPTER TEN

The night lingered longer than usual, as Emilia sat in the cold dark shed that was only illuminated with a lantern

The night lingered longer than usual, as Emilia sat in the cold dark shed that was only illuminated with a lantern. She had checked her cellphone multiple times since waking up, and she did not receive a single reply from Theo after messaging him for hours in hand-and the same result went with calling.

She gazed at her phone, at all the numbers that remained and each of it was the pack, along with Brett which she called only to be put straight to voicemail.

She had the only options of Scott, Malia and Lydia who she knew was still in town, but she had no idea how they would feel being called by someone they probably don't remember.

So, she hesitated, but her finger hovered over the call icon of Scott knowing that out of the three, he would be easier to persuade.

Though Emilia was already panicking at the thought of something happening to Theo since he was not responding, and she knew he was almost attached to his phone like it was a lifeline.

Her eyes widened as she hit the button while trying to figure out what to say, and not even a few rings in and she could hear the Alpha's voice

"Hello?"

She knew hanging up would only make things unfair, so she bit her lip and let out a breath. To Scott, he had his brows furrowed only hearing the breathing which had him uncomfortable since his enhanced hearing made it seem like the other person on the line was breathing heavily in his ear.

"Scott?" She whispered and her grip tightened on her phone

"Uh-yeah, this is him...who is this?" Just like Emilia predicted-only it hurt a lot more than she expected it would. Sure, he was not her Alpha, but he was still like a big brother figure, and each time she was hit in the face with the 'Who is this' or 'Who are you',only had her want to break down and cry.

"I-Um...my name is Emilia Crooke-" She trailed off and cursed inside her head at the way she was sounding, but instead of second-guessing herself she continued," Look, I know this might sound insane, but I- am in your pack, but the whole mess with the Ghost Riders somehow messed up everyone's memories, and I was forgotten completely" The words travelled out her mouth faster than she had wanted.

Scott kept silent taking in her words, and it was only natural he found her words suspicious, but being who he was-he couldn't just hang up. It was probably the nature in him of helping anyone in need taking over, so he ended up surprising Emilia with his next words.

"If what you said is true, meet me at my former workplace," Scott said sternly and Emilia nodded her head only to make her roll her eyes since he couldn't see it.

"Yes, okay" She responded and Scott held his breath," I'll be there in half an hour"

"Okay" was all he said and the line ended leaving her to let out a breath pulling the phone away from her ear.

"Never in my life have I thought I'd be nervous talking to Scott McCall," She said to no one in particular as she got up from the ground she was on.