~Ten~

"Are you okay?" Mark asked me.

"I'm fine, what are you doing here?" I removed my hand from his grip.

"I was uhh meeting a friend here then I heard those boys saying you slept with Sam" He gave me a sympathetic smile.

I stayed silent and crossed my arms. I'm almost positive that Mark was lying but I wasn't able to call him out on it.

"That's such an asshole move of Sam to tell people that you guys had sex when you didn't. He must really want in your pants" Mark added.

"He must" I rolled my eyes and walked back to my table.

I turned the corner and entered the dining area. I found my table and saw Sam with his head in his hands sitting on the end of the booth.

"Sam?" I quietly said.

He looked up at me and his eyes softened. His face was slightly red and his eyes had a pissed off look to them.

"Lux, those guys were lying. They're not even my friends, they're Mark's" He reached for my hands.

"I kind of guessed that when Mark came up to talk to me before I went outside" I looked down at him.

"Mark's here?" He moved his eyes around the room.

I laid my hands on his cheeks and lifted his head to look at me.

"It's okay, don't worry about it" I whispered before kissing his lips.

He brushed his hands along my curves and cupped my cheeks.

"Why do you guys despise each other so much?" I asked in between a kiss.

He dropped his hands and scooted over. I took a seat beside him and faced my body in his direction.

"Just forget about it" He placed one of his hands beside my butt and the other on my jaw and slowly leaned in.

I wanted answers so I turned my head making his lips kiss my cheek.

"Tell me" I gave him puppy dog eyes.

"'Don't worry about it'" He quoted and leaned in again.

I turned my head in the other direction and heard him sigh.

"I'm not kissing you until you tell me" I turned my body away from him and crossed my arms.

I felt his shoulder touch my back and his head rest on my shoulder. He wrapped his arm around me and placed his hand on my waist.

"If I tell you do you promise you'll kiss me after?" He removed his hand from my waist and moved my hair away from my neck.

"Sure" I responded as Sam gently kissed my neck.

"Okay I'll tell you" He ran his hand down my spine.

I turned to face him and waited for him to talk.

"It all started in highschool when I used to date this girl named Cara, we were really into each other up until Mark came along and convinced her that I was this womanizing tool" He let out a laugh "Cara was the first girl that I ever fell in love with and he was able to take her away from me. He's been stealing girls from me for as long as I can remember, this is why I flirt with random girls, that way he doesn't know which one I want to be with. Now that you and I are together I think he's trying to break us up so he can take you away from me" He lowered his head.

I lifted his chin up and gave him a small kiss on his lips.

"Thank you" I smiled.

"For what?" He awkwardly laughed.

"For telling me, and you don't have to worry about me leaving you for him. I would never do that, you're too cute" I winked trying to cheer him up.

He shook his head and pulled me into his chest.

"Let's ditch this place and order a pizza or something" Sam ran his hand down my arm.

I scooted across the booth's cushioned seat and pulled my dress down as I stood up.

Sam did the same and entwined our hands as we walked out of the restaurant and to the car.