~Twenty~

I woke up drained of energy once again.

This past week has been hell and I can't wait to let loose at Johnson's tomorrow night.

I haven't talked to Sam or really anyone since I got fired from Gallo Blanco which was a few weeks ago. I've had small talk with Bailey but nothing special.

Since I've hit rock bottom and wasn't dating Sam anymore I decided to dye my hair pastel purple. I loved my new hair and so did Ben.

Ben is this guy I met at a pizza parlor last week. Him and I really hit it off and we've been friends ever since.

Lately I've been staying the night at his place. Ben and I aren't dating but we kiss occasionally. It's not considered 'friends with benefits' because all we do is kiss. There's no connection between us when we kiss but we both went through bad breakups so we're helping each other through it I guess.

Johnson's party is tonight and Ben is coming with me as my date.

No one has seen my hair, not even Bailey so I'm excited to see all their reactions.

I threw on one of Ben's baggy black shirts with my green plaid sweater and black shorts.

"Babe you ready to go?" Ben asked.

"Yea" I responded and finished taking a bong hoot.

I met Ben in the car while he locked up.

"Are you excited for tonight?" He winked at me while getting into the car.

I put my feet on the dashboard and shrugged my shoulders.

"I guess. It'll be cool to hang out with Bailey, Nate and the Jacks. I'm just not thrilled cause Sam and Cara will be there" I sighed.

"I'll be by your side the whole night don't worry" He squeezed my hand.

We arrived at my house in a half an hour.

Ben and I got out of the car in unison and walked to the door.

I opened the door and stepped inside. Ben placed his hands on my waist and turned me around. I leaned against the wall and he smiled at me before pressing his lips to mine.

He ran his thumb across my cheek and smiled into another kiss.

"Lux?" Bailey asked.

I gently pushed Ben off of me and wiped the corner of my lip.

"Hey Bailey" I smiled and pulled her in for a hug.

She hugged me back and smiled at me.

"I haven't seen you for a while how have you been? And I love your hair!" She squealed.

"I've actually been really good. This is Ben, the guy I've been staying with" I looked over my shoulder at him.

"Nice to meet you" She smiled "... Lux are you high right now?" Her jaw dropped a bit.

I looked at the ground and smiled.

"Anyways, I'll be here around 8:30 to pick you up" He told me.

"Okay see you then" I said to him.

Bailey and I walked upstairs to my room. I plopped onto my bed and Bailey placed a bunch of clothing bags in front of me.

"Are you and this Ben guy dating?" She raised her eyebrow and pulled some clothes out of the bags.

"No, we're just helping each other through our breakups" I shrugged.

"So you've been with Ben this whole time?" Bailey lowered his voice.

"Yea, sorry I haven't been around lately" I fidgeted with my fingers.

"It's okay, I understand. You're still trying to get over Sam" She sat beside me.

We sat in silence for a few seconds until I spoke up.

"How is Sam?" I slowly looked up at her.

"He's good I guess.. Him and Cara are still together" She shrugged.

"Good for him" I faked a smile.

Bailey finished emptying the clothing bags and laid everything out in front of me.

"Look what I bought you to wear for Johnson's party tonight" She put a piece of hair behind her ear "You'll wear this white halter top and these light blue shorts that have little daisies on them. Your newly coloured hair will be loosely curled and you'll wear your normal makeup" She said giddily.

"You put a lot of thought into this didn't you?" I asked her.

"I did" She smiled and laughed.

"Thanks" I laughed with her.

"Okay, go get ready because I want to see you in the outfit before Nate picks me up in an hour" She threw the clothes at me.

I crawled off the bed and into the shower. I threw on the outfit Bailey bought me and looked at myself in the mirror.

The clothes looked really good together and went well with my hair.

I walked back to the bathroom to blow dry my hair. When my hair was fully dry I turned the curler on and applied my makeup.

I applied winged eyeliner, bottom eyeliner and concealer. I curled my eyelashes and also applied mascara.

I loosely curled my hair and sprayed hairspray on each loose curl to hold it in place. I took my bangs and back combed them so I could pin them to the side of my head. Once my bangs were correctly poofed and pinned and called Bailey to come into the bathroom.

"You look so good!" She squealed.

"Yea, you look awesome. I like your new hair colour" Nate grinned.

"Hey!" I pulled him in for a hug.

"You girls ready to go?" Nate asked.

"Lux is actually getting a ride with that Ben guy I told you about" Bailey wiggled her eyebrows at me.

"It's nothing like that" I clarified.

"Oh uhh okay, we'll see you there" Nate wrapped his arms around Bailey's shoulder and walked out to their car.

I waited 40 minutes until Ben showed up with a cookie in his hand.

"Guess what I came across" He raised his eyebrow and the cookie.

"A cookie?" I laughed.

"Not just any cookie" He smirked.

"A pot cookie?" I said.

He nodded and broke the cookie in half. I ate one half and he ate the other before we drove out of the driveway and to Johnson's.