~Seventeen~

I was standing in a small closet filled with blankets and sheets along with my boyfriend Sam and his ex girlfriend Cara.

His hands were on her hips and her arms were around his neck. Both of them had no shirts on and Sam's belt was undone. Their lips pulled apart to look at me.

"Lux" Sam said, removing his hands from Cara's waist.

I turned around and twisted the door handle. I pushed my body against the door but it wouldn't budge.

"Mark open the door. This isn't funny" I banged my hand against the door.

"Lux I'm so sorry, please look at me" Sam placed his hand on my back.

"Don't touch me" I turned my body to the side and leaned against the wall.

I banged on the door a few more times until I heard Nate and the Jacks yelling at Mark.

The door swung open and I ran out. I was close the the stairwell when Mark wrapped his arm around my waist.

"Woah Lux, why don't you tell your boyfriend how much you love him?" Mark raised his eyebrow.

"Don't fucking touch her!" Sam spat and shoved Mark.

"I don't need you to protect me anymore Sam. You only need to protect the people you love and clearly you don't love me so just stop!" I choked out holding back the tears that were already falling down my cheeks.

I quickly looked at him and noticed his eyes tearing up.

"Please just let me explain" He begged.

"No I get it, you'll always have feelings for your first love and you wanted to see if you still had that connection you don't have to explain" I wiped away my tears and walked to the bathroom.

People cleared a path for me that led straight to the bathroom. Before I closed the door I caught a glimpse of Sam walking towards the bathroom with his head lowered.

I fully closed the door and locked it. I slid down the back of the door and heard Sam's faint voice.

"Baby I'm sorry" He said to me through the door.

I would let Sam explain eventually but not today, I need time to calm down just like any other girl would if this had happened to her.

I got off the ground and opened the window behind the toilet. It was big enough for me to fit through. I quietly unlocked the bathroom door and peeked out the window.

"Hey" Bailey waved.

"How did you kn-" She cut me off.

"I've known you since 4th grade" She smirked and crossed her arms.

"Do you need help?" Nate asked me.

"No I got this, thanks" I laughed.

Nate threw his hands up in surrender and stepped back.

I slipped through the window and landed on my feet.

"See you guys later" I cleared my throat and wiped away more tears.

"Where are you going?" Bailey crossed her arms.

"Home" I answered.

"We've all been drinking and you don't have any money for a cab" She stated.

"I'll drive her I've only had 1 beer" Gilinsky offered.

"Okay, thanks. I'll see you at home then" Bailey pulled me in for a hug and rubbed small circles on my back.

Nate hugged me and so did Johnson. I told them to thank Leigh for inviting me and tell Mallory I said goodbye.

Gilinsky wrapped his arm around my shoulder and rested his head on mine.

"I'm sorry Sam screwed up" He rubbed his thumb on my shoulder.

"I am too" I sniffed.

"You guys will work this out" He reassured me.

"Maybe not, I don't want to be with someone who doesn't love me" My voice shook.

"He loves you Lux, he just screwed up. Trust me okay?" He opened the passenger door to his SUV.

I nodded and stepped into the vehicle.