~Fourteen~

We walked down to the beach in groups of two.

Johnson and Mallory were leading the group, Gilinsky and Leigh were following them with Sam and Nate close behind. Bailey and I were at the back walking a bit slower than everyone else.

"I'm really glad that you and Sam are together, you guys are super cute" Bailey smiled at me.

"Thanks" I blushed "He's so different from what everyone says" I added.

Two boys cut us off from the group by stepping in front of us and starting a conversation.

"Do you cute girls want to come and play volleyball with us and some of our friends?" A boy with light brown eyes asked us.

"Sorry we would but we're here with our boyfriends" Bailey shot the boy a half smile.

"They won't mind, they won't even know you guys are gone" The other boy spoke up.

"Maybe next time" I fake smiled, took Bailey's hand and walked around them.

I waved and smiled to Nate and Sam who were watching us as we walked towards them.

"What was that about?" Nate raised an eyebrow and snaked his arm around Bailey's waist.

"Just some guys wanting us to play volleyball with them" Bailey shrugged.

I glanced at Sam who was biting his lip.

"Let's go swimming!" I exclaimed.

I ran past the three of them and slowed down when I got to the Jack's and their girls. I pulled my crop top over my head and dropped it on the ground. I slipped off my shorts and made a run for the water.

I took a few steps into the cold water and adjusted to the temperature.

Two arms picked me up bridal style and threw me into the water.

I resurfaced and let out a gasp. The water was freezing cold on my skin and took my breath away.

I folded my arms across my chest and tried to adjust to the water. I stared at Sam who had a big smirk on his face that faded away within seconds.

"Lux I'm sorry, come here" He frowned and opened his arms.

I shook my head and motioned for him to come to me.

He shook his head and turned his attention to a volleyball that landed next to me in the water.

I walked a couple steps to grab the ball and a boy around my age swam out.

"Sorry about that" He said.

"Don't worry about it, it's okay" I smiled and handed him the volleyball.

"Do you want to come and play a game with my friends and I?" He pointed to his friends who were waving.

"Sorry man, we have to get back to our friends" Sam spoke up and pulled my body into him.

I placed my hand on his chest and smiled to the boy.

"You can all play if you want" The boy shrugged.

"Maybe next time" Sam did a handshake with the boy and he swam back to his friends.

"The water is freezing" Sam shivered.

"You didn't have to come in" I chuckled.

"I wanted to be next to you" He smiled down at me.

"So what you mean is that you got a little jealous and protective because that boy was swimming towards me" I smirked at him.

"Pfft no" He looked into the distance and shrugged.

"I like it when you get protective" I turned his face towards me and stared at his lips.

"Good" He leaned in.

He was inches from my lips when I let out a gasp.

"Let's do that!" I pointed to a group of teenagers standing on top of a cliff.

Sam turned around and watched one of the teens jump off.

I left his grip and made my way back to the shore.

"Guys! Let's go cliff jumping!" I shouted.

"I'm down, let's go" Gilinsky stood up and took off his shirt.

Johnson followed and so did Bailey and Nate.

"We'll watch you guys from down here" Leigh smiled.

"Are you sure?" Johnson asked.

Leigh and Mallory nodded.

"Sam are you coming?" Bailey smiled.

"Uhh sure" He shrugged.