VII

Gordon opened the door and let you in, "Come on, kid. I'll take you to the station once we get some clothes on you."

You stepped inside the house to find a somewhat secure feeling surround you.

"Here, kid. Put this on." Gordon looked away from you and held out a trench coat, "It's what I have on hand, I know my wife's clothes won't fit you."

You smiled gracefully and took the coat from his hand, "thank you, Gordon."

"Don't mention it."

"But I-"

"No, really don't mention it... especially to my wife, she's on one of those, 'surely you like young girls' rants." Gordon smiled, "and what guy doesn't like looking at a pretty girl?"

"Gay guys...?"

Gordon looked at you for a moment.
"I mean... yeah, yeah. I guess you got me there."

A few moments later you found yourself in a squad car, sirens on and everything, you were being rushed to the station.
——-                                             -——

Back at your apartment, the police found no trace of Harley Quinn.

"She was here all right..." a gruff voice came in from behind a deputy.

"Oh.. good thing you're here, you have all the equipment." The deputy spoke, confidence in toe.

"Don't get too confused by her acts. She does play around a lot with new people." The dark night retorted, "I'll see what I can find."