IX

As morning came, you felt a slight sense of ease wash over your body, you nearly forgot that Harley was still out there, waiting for you.

"Alright, Miss Y/n, we will place you under careful watch, okay?" Gordon rubbed his eyes from the long night, "Also, Bruce is here to see you, you'll be going home with him. You sure you'll be okay?"

"If Bruce thinks it's safe for me to go, then I believe him." You smiled, "thank you for everything, Gordon."

"Just-" Gordon sighed, "Check in with me now and then, just so I know you're okay. I'd hate to lose the girl who brings us cookies and a smile every month."

You giggled, "Alright, Gordon, I will." and with that, you stood up and left, "see ya!"

Bruce was outside of the police station, parked in his fancy, black BMW I8. He really was quite the show off...

The door flipped up and inside the overpriced vehicle was Bruce with a bag and some of your belongings, "Come on, I'm taking you out."

You hopped in and instead of an engine roaring in your ear, it was silent.

"How is your car so silent?" You expected a loud sports car not a silent giant.

"It's eco-friendly, Y/n. Learn a little about cars, huh?" Bruce lowered his sunglasses, "I heard what happened and from now on, you'll be with me in Wayne Manor."

"I'll be fine without the dark knight." You sighed, "Really, I handled Harley well."

"Maybe this time, but what did she want from you? You're just... Y/n." Bruce dragged your name out like he had been disgusted by it.

"You say it so enthusiastic like!" You spoke in a sarcastic tone, "Anyways, I think I can handle myself. I'll just move and everything will be okay."

"You don't know much about Harley Quinn obviously. She's an obsessive psychopath..." Bruce spoke softer now, an eerie sense of suspense loomed over the once calm air, "She is undeniably good at being bad, she listens pretty well too."

"Tell me about Quinn," you demanded, "What is it that made her so... insane?"

Bruce sighed and began, "Harley Quinn was a psychiatric counselor at Arkham Asylum, one of the best actually." He paused, "That was until she met The Joker, the craziest guy in Gotham City. She thought that she could fix him like any other patient, but she then fell in love and was manipulated- brainwashed into a psychopath."

"And then she became his queen..."

"Exactly," Bruce sighed, "But now... the two have split-"

"But she said Joker didn't want her anymore- that she didn't want him either," You softly spoke.

Bruce's eyes lit up, "What did she tell you, tell me everything you know!?"

"Calm down..." you stated flatly, "she said that Joker and her broke it off, that she saw me and she knew she had to have me."

"So, that's what she made you dress up for?"

"For a date."

"Something tells me that she will try again... it's now final, you're staying with me." Bruce declared, almost as if it was set in stone.

You sighed, knowing you wouldn't win, "Alright... Alright."