XXIV

A/n: hello! I'm so sorry for being gone for so long but today... I'm back! So sit back and get ready to read the fanfic!
—————————————————-

You felt the sleep in your eyes, but it wasn't the bad type. It was a wave of calmness and happiness that washed over your body. You slowly opened your eyes and looked over to see the sleeping beauty herself, Kristy. You soon let the heavy waves crash down upon your lids, sleep overtook you.

-Kristy's POV-
The night was beautiful when I was awake but now that I've been asleep a while... I dreamt of his face... his devious smile... his scars. He's haunted my dreams for so long now... one or two nights would have been different, but this was every night. He gawked at me, reminding me why it was I fell in love with Y/n. She didn't care about my flaws. He— he left me like he always did! He never loved me... I was just a lovesick puppy! He took advantage of me, but not her. She wouldn't do that to me!!

"Come now, Kristy, you can't even tell her the truth! Or should I call you... Harley? Ha!ha!ha!"

I wish I didn't have to see him every night like I have for the past month. I hate admitting when he's right. I haven't told Y/n the truth. She doesn't know who I really am.. she thinks I am just another normal person. Maybe... I'm more like J than anyone else.

No... I'm not like Mr. J... I'm not like him. I... I have to tell Y/n the truth.

-your POV-

As the sunlight through your apartment windows, the warmth hitting your skin, you stretched and reached over to where Kristy was laying only to hit the cold mattress.

"Krist...Kristy?" You spoke softly with a yawn, "Kristy?" You finally opened your eyes to see an empty bed. You called out for her a little louder, "Kristy?"

-Kristy's POV-

I woke up just before dawn, I know she had some classes early today so... why don't I make her some breakfast? That's what good girlfriends do, right? That's what people do for each other when it's a healthy, functional relationship.

"Okay, bacon, omelette, toast with jam, some coffee or tea?" I groaned, "Does she like coffee or tea? What if she likes both? She does have a coffee maker so she likes coffee and she has tea bags. I'll make both to be safe." I smiled and started on making a large pot of coffee for her, "I'll bring the coffee to her. Does she like cream and sugar? Or just cream? Just sugar???" I sighed again, "I have time to make her food and then bring coffee. It will take a while for me to get everything else done, just breathe." I took a deep breath, calming myself down.

I reached for the fridge, gathering eggs, bacon, green onions, mushrooms, and cheese. I chopped up what I needed, cracked a few eggs into a skillet and put in the cheese and veggies. I grabbed a baking sheet from Y/n's cabinet and placed the bacon on it, preheated the oven and put the bacon inside.

"The toast! I need the toast and jam!" I opened the fridge...I then discovered... there was no jam... only bagels... plain bagels...

"What kind of psycho doesn't have jam and bread?"

You're one to talk...

"Shut up, J.."

Harley...

"No... I won't listen to you anymore! You've taken the best years of my life away! You will not ruin this for me!" I whisper shouted into the fridge, "Y/n is the best th-"

"Kristy?" I heard calling from the other room. It was Y/n! She's up before I could even finish!!

-your POV-

"I'm in the kitchen! Stay there, I have a surprise for you!"

"Not a chance... I need to get in the shower... I can't have sex sweat on me where I work..." you said as you stood up and walked into the hallway, "People can smell it on you. Especially horny young adults..." you shivered, "they have this weird sixth sense... it's really weird."

"You're telling me that young adults— college level adults can smell the intimacy you've had???" Kristy laughed at your statement, "are you pulling my leg, baby?"

You chuckled, "I wish I was..." you made your way down the hallway and into the kitchen, hugging Kristy from behind, "smell me..."

"What?"

"Smell me right now and tell me I don't smell of sex sweat." You demanded.

Kristy chuckled and turned around, giving you a deep sniff. She started laughing, "You know.. hehe you do.... You smell like... an intimate night."

"Exactly, so, whatcha doing over here?"

"Making my lovely, flexible, girlfriend some breakfast."

"Shut up..." you groaned, still not fully awake. Your cheeks flushed red, "I'm not that flexible."

"Oh? You think so? I beg to differ."

You clicked your tongue, "wait... you made me breakfast after rocking my world last night??"

Kristy smiled, "of course, that's what good partners do!"

"That's so... that's so nice. That's a nice change of pace."