Chapter 3- Letters

Mike stepped into his house, everything was dark. He made his way over to the light switches and flipped the switch.

"So I'm going to guess moms not home yet," He said, setting his backpack down on a chair.

He walked to the kitchen and pulled out an apple. He bit into the fruit and grabbed a soda from one of the bottom shelves.

He then retreated to his room, and closed the door behind him. He turned on his lamp and flipped onto his bed.

He let a sigh escape his mouth then turned to look at his phone.

7:56 P.M.

"Man I didn't think it took this long to walk home," He said. Mike put his phone down and sat up. He got up and walked over to a desk in the corner of the room, something laid on the desk that wasn't there before.

"A letter?" Mike asked, "maybe it's mom telling me she's gonna be home late or something."

"But then again why would mom put it in an envelope and not leave it on the counter or something?"

Mike picked up the envelope and turned it over.

"Huh, no name or address."

He slowly opened the envelope and pulled out a piece of paper, then unfolded that.

Dear Mike,
It's a pleasure to talk to you again. It really has been such a long time hasn't it friend? Anyhow, I would like to personally invite you back to the old kindergarten. If you don't come willingly I'll have to kill you where you stand now. Listen, this weekend, on Friday come back to the school at 10 PM and all will be explained.
Have a nice night!

Mike's hands were shaking more then he'd like to admit. He was scared to believe anything the note had said, but the more he thought about it, the more he started to realize how messed up that kindergarten was.

"I-I," Mike stumbled trying to find the words.

"I gotta call Nugget!" He slammed himself down on his bed and grabbed his phone. Punching the numbers into the keypad.

"Hello?" A voice rang out from the other end of the phone.

"Hi Nugget, look we need to talk."

"Ok, what is it friend you sound worried."

"Did you get a letter?"

"Um, yes."

"Oh no."