Chapter 12- What Now?

No one spoke for a few moments, the group was down another two members. Mike, Lily, Billy, Nugget, Monty, Janitor, and Jerome.

"What's our plan now?" Monty asked finally breaking the silence.

"I don't know anymore," Mike said sitting on the ground with his head in his hands.

The team had taken a break in one of the hallways, Mike was sitting on the ground, Nugget and Lily siting as well. The other four stood against the wall.

"We don't have enough information to really to anything," Mike mumbled through his hands.

"Yeah, you're right," Monty agreed, hanging his head low.

"What do we do?" Lily squeaked, "do we just stay here and wait till whoever's doing this gets bored and come kills us himself?"

"Well no, but Lily there's not much we can do," Billy said.

"Yeah I understand that, but we can't just sit here and wait to die, if we're going to die here then we might as well die trying to get out of here."

"Yeah," Nugget sighed, "Pretty Lily is right, we won't get anywhere just sitting here."

"Alright, I guess we wonder till we think of something," Jerome said pushing himself from the wall. Nugget stood up and extended a hand for Lily and Mike. Then they where back on there way.

They walked into a class room that had a huge book shelf on one wall, a desk as the front and a big carpet for kids to sit on. (Sorry I'm altering the layout of the school slightly)

"I didn't even know this room existed," Jerome said walking up to the book shelf. Everyone split up to search the room for anything that might help.

Monty was looking through the book shelf when he noticed something. He pulled the strange book out and it triggered something, suddenly the bookshelf started to shift and open to a room behind the bookshelf.

"Wow," Mike said.

"This is really cool," Billy said, walking up to the bookshelf, "come on."

"Wait, Billy I'm not sure that's such a good idea," Lily said pulling on the sleeve of her brothers jacket.

"We came in here to look for clues, and we found something. Besides this was your idea, sis."

"Yeah," Lily mumbled.

The teens and janitor walked into the long corridor made of stone, Jerome leading.

"This is really cool," Monty said close behind Jerome.

The walls were covered in cracks and a few spider webs hung from the ceiling. Anytime anyone talked the walls echoed their voices.

"Yeah, I can agree with that," Jerome said, suddenly he stopped, "Guys don't-!" He couldn't finish what he needed to say because Monty bumped into him, and they fell.

Down a very, very long and dark pit.

No one had noticed it was there and Jerome noticed to late, Monty had been right behind him. Now they where both gone.

It took a terrifying moment before they heard horrendous thump, indicating they both had fallen to the bottom. Though likely neither had survived.

No one said anything for a long time, no one even moved.

Mike looked to the wall ahead of them there was a sharp turn, and he could see to the end of the hall. There was a sign that said "This way to freedom"

Before anyone could do anything the ground started to shake slightly, and a stone path extended from the wall to build a bridge for them.

"No, no way are we going deeper into this stupid school," Janitor said, he backed up a few steps.

"We might have to," Billy said, "if we can meet this guy then maybe we can take him down and get outta here."

The others hesitantly and slowly nodded, Billy was the one to cross first, Lily directly behind him. Then Nugget, the Janitor and last was Mike.

"Alright guys let's go take this criminal down" Mike said, his eyes deathly serious.
———————————————
I'm so so sorry, it's been another month!! Ahh I'm so terrible. Anyway I hope you guys enjoyed this one, we're down two more characters. Hope you guys have a great day!