Chapter 6-Bugg's fear

The students and staff stood still no one wanted to move after the voice on the intercom quieted.

"Ok, Well," Jerome said putting his hands into his pockets, "what do we do now?"

"Well, I would advise to stay as a group," Monty said, "we'd all be safer that way."

"Yeah," Lily squeaked from behind her big brother.

"So do we wanna check the place out?"

Everyone just looked at Buggs.

"What!? All I'm saying is the person who locked us in here did it for a reason. We're obviously not going to get out anytime soon," Buggs folded his arms. "We might as well explore what's different, who knows maybe they added some new rooms."

"I can assure you we did not," The principal, Jerome's father answered.

"Ok whatever!" Buggs said angrily, "I'll go on my own!"

"No, Buggs, I'll go with you," Mike said. "I don't want anyone leaving but it's clear we've spent five minutes together and are already fighting!

"So you guys stay here while me and Buggs 'explore'." He made air quotes as he talked.

"O-Ok just be careful, Mike," Lily said now having the courage to stand in front of her brother.

"I will," Mike promised, and left the room with an angry Buggs.

"This is so lame!" Buggs yelled as his voice echoed through the cafeteria. He pounded on one of the walls with his fist.

As he did so, a crevice in the wooden wall opened. Suddenly thousands and thousands of spiders crawled out. Buggs let out a very loud scream.

"What?!" Mike asked panicked by the sudden scream.

"S-S-Spiders!" Buggs yelled jumping onto one of the table in order to ward off the creepy-crawling-death-dealers. (Anyone get the reference?)

"Dude there are like five," Mike said in a totally calm voice. Mike looked back at the spiders examining one and then picking it up.

"Dude! Spiders are poisonous! They'll kill you!" Buggs said still jumping on the table.

"Ok Buggs these are non-poisonous spiders, they're harmless."

"You sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure."

Buggs slowly got off the table to his surprise there where indeed only five spiders in the room, one running across Mikes hand.

"I cannot believe you were scared of spiders this whole time!" Mike said, a little louder then he meant it. "All those years of bullying me, Nugget, Li- I could have stopped everyth- Ah!" Mike started to pace around one of the small lunch tables in anger.

"I could have scared you off bullying Lily, Billy, Nugget, and I using a simple spider!" Mike yelled, "I'm going back to the others!"

Mike then stomped out of the room, leaving a guilt stricken Buggs in the cafeteria.

———————————————————
OMG this book reached 1k reads. Am I dreaming?! Ok, this chapter was kinda filler-y... but don't worry the worst is yet to come!

In all seriousness thank you guys so much for liking this book. When I first started writing it I thought it was kinda dumb and wasn't sure if I'd make it past chpt. 2 or 3 but here we are chpt. 6! And if you liked this book maybe check out "Out of the Ordinary" another book I wrote and finished. Have an amazing day! ❤️

What is your favorite bug, if you have one. Mines probably Ladybugs 🐞 their just really pretty and cool.