Chapter 11- The Kitchen

"Yeah all this yelling and arguing is making me hungry," Buggs said putting his giant hands behind his head. "Imma go get some food from the kitchen."

"Buggs how do you know it's safe to eat?" Mrs. Applegate asked, "last thing they ever served was slop."

"Did I die from that?" Buggs asked, "No, I'm sure it'll be fine."

"Well we all have to come with you, Buggs," Mike said, "we have to stay together if we wanna get out of this alive."

"Yeah, Yeah, Yeah I know," he shrugged, "but I don't care and want food."

Buggs walked through the halls, the group of 8 followed the Billy into the cafeteria.

"Hey look at this!" Buggs called already inside the pantry, he pulled out a cake, a chocolate cake that looked like it was made only a few hours before.

"Jack pot!" Buggs called and grabbed a knife to cut the cake. He cut it into a bunch of uneven pieces.

"Did in everyone!" He said grabbing a huge piece with his bare hands and started to eat, Mrs. Applegate was the first to except a slice.

"This is really good," She said with a mouth full of chocolate cake. She dug in with a fork she'd picked up from behind the counter and started to demolish the cake.

Mike noticed The Janitor looking suspiciously at the cake, he kept sniffing the air as if trying to smell for something the others couldn't.

"You guys want any?" Buggs said looking up, everyone shook there heads.

Buggs shrugged, "Fine, more for me and teach."

About ten minutes later the entire cake gone. Buggs burped, startlingly Lily, and practicality shaking the ground.

"Alright, you had your snack," Mike started, "can we go and figure some stuff out please?"

The Janitor gasped and everyone turned, "you guys really shouldn't have eaten that, your gonna be screwed."

"Why?" Mike asked cautiously.

"That chocolate cake was laced with potassium cyanid, a deadly poison," The Janitor said, (it is dangerous but don't take my word for it being immediately deadly) everyone was quiet for a good 5 seconds.

Just then Mrs. Applegate and Buggs dropped to the floor, after a few coughing fits the two lay still. No one knew what to do in that moment, they'd just lost two more people.

"Why didn't you tell them before they ate the cake?" Mike said breaking the long silence.

"I didn't know until just then," he said.

"How do you even know what potassium cyanid smells like?" Mike asked.

"I'm a Janitor, don't tell me you don't think I haven't tried to poison you brats," he said and he walked out of the cafeteria.

"I don't know what being a janitor had to do with wanting to poison us but, we should stay here for much longer," Billy said, Lily had been clinging to his jacket the whole time, he put a hand over hers.

"Yeah, Nugget agrees," Nugget said putting a hand on Mikes shoulder, Jerome just turned and walked out.

"Everything's just happening so fast," Mike said, "our team is dropping like flies."

And the four moved out of the cafeteria, the bully and former teacher on the ground unmoving.
()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()
Ok so this ones a little more intense, and this will probably be the last one for a week or so, Thanks!