Chapter 9- Bad News

Mike and the janitor walked back into the hallway in total silence.

How on earth am I going to tell Jerome his father just died, because of me?

Jerome hated Lily because she was always on his case for kidnapping Billy, he may not show it much anymore but he still hates her.

Mike was scared he'd start yelling at Lily for starting all this. But, Lily couldn't be the one doing this, she's to sweet. Right?

"Hey Mike!" Mike turned at the voice, and was greeted by Nugget.

"How is Nuggets friend?" He asked, "was his mission successful?"

The janitor had walked ahead and was talking with Mrs. Applegate. The others hadn't noticed Mike yet.

"Nugget," Mike took in a deep breath, "I need help, Jerome's father," he hesitated.

But Nugget knew what he was going to say, he looked at Mike with wide eyes.

"How? What happened,"

So Mike got to explaining, he said everything about the office and the trapdoor. He explained why he was nervous about telling Jerome about his dad, and what he'd do once he found out.

"Alright," Nugget said, Mike could tell the cogs in his brain moving, "we need to tell him, but maybe you should do it in private, than Nugget will tell the others while your talking to Jerome."

Great. Mike thought, why is it always me that's got to deal with this stuff, can't I just be a background character for a little bit?

"Alright, good plan," Mike said and the two boys walked back to the others.

"Jerome! Can I talk to you?" Mike called before he got to the group.

"Sure Mike, what's up?" Jerome said walking over to him, jamming his hands into the pockets of his jeans.

"Well, um, I wanted to talk to you about what we found."

"Ok?" Jerome said suspiciously, "actually now that you mention it, where's my dad?"

"Um well, look we were searching around your Father's office and he found a trapdoor, we both fell in and he. I tried to get him to the top, out of the dark pit but I couldn't, he sacrificed himself to save me."

Jerome stared at me for a long time, then I could see the tears piecing the backs of his eyes.

"No," he started, "no no no! He couldn't have! He couldn't have died!" Jerome screamed.

"Jerome, he told me to tell you he loved you," Mike tried to help but he realized it wasn't helping at all.

"No, Mike you're lying to me! Where is he? His he just hiding somewhere?!" Jerome cried, tears rushing down his cheeks.

Mike hated to see the poor guy like this, this is not how the principal should have met his end.

Mike wasn't sure what to do, he didn't want to make Jerome think he wasn't genuine about being sorry, but he couldn't just stand there.

"Jerome I'm so sor-"

"Lily,"

"What?"

"Lily, this is all her fault, I bet she did this to everyone."

Jerome stormed off in the direction of the group before Mike could say anything.

"No, oh no,"

|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|
I'm so so sorry it's been so long, I'm going to be a hundred percent honest I totally forgot I was writing this. Anyway, I hope you liked this one, it's about to get real next chapter.

What did you guys do for Fall Break, if you did anything. (I did not)