☹ Chapter 6 ☹

NOTHING BREAKS LIKE A HEART

I was in my last period of the day, which was English. I sat next to Dante, which made my stomach start doing backflips.
I didn't feel like this when I first met him, why now?
I never even felt like this with Joey, and I thought I was practically in love with Joey.
Joey never made me feel like this.
I definitely never thought about Joey all day like this.
A tall kid began walking towards my locker, and I recognized him as one of Dante's friends.
"Hey." His voice had a slight accent and he had curly hair.
"Hey." I replied politely as I got a binder out of my locker.
"My name's Matteus, I'm a friend of Dante." He informed me.
"Yeah, I think I saw you at the party the other day." I mentioned to him.
"Well, I just wanted to let you know that I'm gonna pick you up for the party." He smiled at me sweetly.
"Thank you, a lot." I answered.
"It's no problem, see ya around..?" He waited for me to say my name.
"Oh, yeah it's Ally." I replied slowly catching on.
"Well, uh here's my number and let me know when you're ready for me to pick you up." He smiled and gave me a piece of paper.
'Call me for the party 416-xxx-xxx ♡'
"See ya around ally." He walked away.
I placed the piece of paper in my back pocket and walked to my English class.
I barely got there in time and sat down next to Dante while Ashley and Audrey kept whispering to me.
"Ok, class. Today we'll be reading a very important play by Shakespeare and it's one of my personal favorites." He announced and a few groans were heard.
I rolled my eyes and sighed quietly.
"What? You don't like Shakespeare? How rude, Al." Dante said in a sarcastic offended voice.
"I mean, if you like it I'm there for it, D." I teased and he laughed.
The class went on and every once in a while, Dante would make comments.
We had about 10 minutes before the final bell rang and so we were given free time to talk.
"Thank god, I hated hearing his voice for so long." I announced.
"Same here, Al. So, what're you wearing to the party?" Dante questioned but immediately laughed at his own statement.
"Jeez, Albidone, creepy much?" I teased as he blushed harder and laughed.
"Hey, that's rude." He replied.
"Plus, I'm not telling you what I'm wearing to the party. It's a surprise to everyone." I stated.
Even though, Ashley and Audrey would know.
"Hey, Al." Ashley called out.
"What?" I asked her.
"Bev, said you can come to the mall with us." She mentioned.
"Okay." I replied.
"Hey, al something fell out of your pocket." Dante bent down to get the paper.
"Oh yeah-" I said before being interrupted.
"A number? From who?" Ashley said catching a glimpse of the paper in Dante's hand.
"It was just from Matteus, he wanted me to call him to let him know when I needed to be picked up." I said trying to dial down the suspicion and taking the paper from Dante.
"Uh, I don't know about you but I see a heart and that's not normal girl." Audrey stated but got whacked in the head by Ashley.
"You guys are being dramatic." I exclaimed, then the bell rang and everybody rushed out the door.
I expected to walk with Dante to my lockers, like we do everyday.
This time, he didn't grab me by my wrist or talk to me.
He just walked to his friends.
Leaving me confused.