☹ Chapter 24 ☹

YOU TASTE LIKE THE 4TH OF JULY

It was the next day, after the party and I woke up at 8:00 AM.
I laid on my back and looked up at my blank white ceiling.
"What should I do?" I asked myself, aloud for the millionth time.
"Should I apologize?" I asked, but I got no response.
I had been through so much in that one night.
My best friends basically dumped me and I had a huge fight with Dante.
It was hell.
After a couple minutes of silence and birds chirping, my phone buzzed abruptly.
I picked it up without looking at the contact name.
Accept
CALL
ME: "hello?"
DANTE: "Hey, it's Dante. I'm sorry, al."
ME: "oh."
DANTE: "look this isn't something to talk about over the phone, could you come over later at 10?"
ME: "sure."
After I hung up the phone, I got up and began picking out clothes to wear for the day.
Me and Dante had something, but how'd it come about in the short amount of time we'd known each other?
There were times when he made me happy whenever he even glanced in my direction, but there were also times when I couldn't stand the thought of him.
I had tried to bury my feelings and pretend they weren't there, but as soon as I saw him the feelings came crashing right back.
It confused me.
It frustrated me.
I finished taking a shower and began putting on my clothes.
I put on some light mascara and lip balm.
Something simple and comfortable.
I sat down on my bed and waited until it was time for me to head out.