☹ Chapter 28 ☹

IT IS NIGHT ON PLANET EARTH, AND I'M ALIVE

It was nighttime and the moon was clear in the sky.
Me and Michael had just finished watching the movie.
We were walking to his house, still holding hands.
"I loved the part when she was crying and he hugged her." I said smiling and watched michael's eyebrows furrow.
"Really? That's your favorite part out of all the memories they made together?" He questioned, and I laughed.
"Yeah, because it was the most calm moment and you could feel all the tension rip away." I mumbled, in a daydreaming tone.
"Oh, so it was like he was her relief and she was his." He stated, but I completely froze.
"Hey, Ally. You okay, babe?" He said and I snapped out of my trance.
"Yeah, I'm fine." I gave him a reassuring smile and we continued walking to his house.
Eventually, after laughing and joking we arrived at his house.
He unlocked his door and led me in.
"Where are your parents, mike? It's quiet here." I said looking around.
"Mini vacation for 4 days." He casually said.
"Oh, yeah." I responded and continued walking with him to his living room.
"I'll be right back. Get whatever you want from the kitchen." He mumbled.
Michael headed up his stairs and I made my way to the kitchen.
I decided on making us both a big bowl of popcorn and watching another movie.
Michael came back down with his juul in his hand.
"Really?" I said laughing at him, and he held a fake offended look on his face.
"I'll have you know this is the most finest and rich juul on planet earth." He said, putting it to his lips and inhaling.
"Don't hog." I teased in a joking way and he handed it over to me, exhaling a big cloud of smoke.
I breathed in the smoke and let it slowly slip out my mouth.
"Do you want something stronger?" He offered but quickly tried to take his words back.
"Oh I forgot, you dropped that stuff. Sorry ally." He said, apologizing.
I laughed in his face and his sympathetic tone went to a confused one.
"What?" He asked.
"I never dropped anything. I just got too busy." I said and he put two and two together.
"Oh, well do you wanna smoke? It's alright, if you don't want to." He said in an assuring tone.
"Hell yeah, I wanna smoke." I laughed and he headed back to his room.
"I have a bowl." He said holding it in his hand with a lighter in his other hand.
"Pass it over, mr. Sinasac." I said in a sarcastic tone.
"Here you go, sweetie." He said in a joking manner.
Twenty minutes later, my body felt like loose string flying through the air.
My body felt so tired but awake at the same time.
"Hey, Michael?" I asked to see if he was still awake.
Our popcorn was untouched and the tv hadn't even been turned on.
"Yeah, al?" He responded, looking at me.
"You remember what you said about the whole relief thing earlier?" I mentioned and he nodded.
"Have you ever felt that before with someone?" I asked out of curiosity.
"Yeah." He replied.
"With who?" I asked.
"A girl." He answered and I lightly nudged his shoulder.
"Who, Sinasac?" I asked again.
"Madison." He said, with an undertone of sadness and frustration.
"I'm sorry." I said sympathetically.
Michael had dated a girl named Madison the previous year around the time me and Joey had dated.
They were very close to each other, but fell out due to drama.
"Have you ever felt that relief with someone?" Michael asked me.
I looked him in the eyes and stayed silent for a little.
"Honestly?" I said looking away from him and up at his ceiling.
"I felt that with Dante." I muttered and felt my happiness slip.
A shiver passed through my body and my chest felt like a weight had been dropped on it.
"Sorry." He replied, truthfully.
"Let's just smoke some more and forget?" I suggested and he quietly nodded.
I grabbed the side of his face and pressed my lips against his.