☹ Chapter 22 ☹

DON'T YOU KNOW, I'M NO GOOD FOR YOU

I was currently at Dante's with everyone and I felt out of place.
I was out of energy and everyone was laughing and having fun.
I felt drained and I needed a break.
"I'm gonna go to the bathroom." I announced and swiftly walked to the bathroom down the hallway.
I locked myself and sat down on the floor.
I tried to hold it in.
I tried to tell myself it was fine and that I was being dramatic, but I felt so stressed over all the things that happened.
I held my breath and tried to silence myself, but I couldn't.
I felt the tears prickle my eyes, and I couldn't hold it in my chest any longer.
It was a Friday night and I was sitting crying on the bathroom floor.
So broken.
A sudden knock at the door startled me and I got up quickly, wiping the tears on my cheeks.
"Hello?" I called out and waited for a response.
"You we're gone for a while and I wanted to check if you were okay." I heard a voice call from the other side of the door.
Matteus.
"I'm okay. I was just, uh, touching up my makeup." I quickly lied.
"Oh. I'll see you downstairs, then." He said.
"Yep." I responded and heard his footsteps slowly get more quiet.
I splashed water on my face and walked out the bathroom.
Everyone's heads turned to me, when I walked into the door.
"Hey, where were you?" Julia asked me.
"Uh, touching up my makeup." I said and she nodded going back to her conversation with Hannah.
I sat by the girls and pretended to listen to their conversation, but I was zoned out.
My phone buzzed and luckily no one noticed me walk out the room to answer.
Accept
CALL
ME: "Hello?"
BEVERLY: "I have some of your stuff, that you left at my house. I dropped them off on your porch."
Beverly quickly hung up and I was left confused.
Why was she being so rude?
I walked back in the room and walked to Dante.
"I have to go, d." I said and he turned around.
"Why?" He said, sounding disappointed.
"I have to go somewhere." I said and saw him furrow his eyebrows.
"Oh, okay." He said, sounding irritated and turned back around to talk to his friends.
I walked out the house, slamming the door behind me.
I heard rapid footsteps behind me and realized it was Michael.
"Hey, you okay ally?" He said, with a concerned tone in his voice.
"Yeah." I blankly said and continued walking, while he tried to catch up to my pace.
"Ally, you're not okay." He said and tried to grab my wrist softly.
"No- stop acting like you care." I snapped and pulled my arm back from his grip.
"I do-" He said, but I interrupted his sentence.
"No, because none of you cared when Joey left me. You guys never fucking turned your head to make sure I was okay. Everyone fucking left me except Ashley and Beverly. I had no one and you know what's fucked up? I still have no one. I'm alone, again." I said and Michael was quiet for a second.
"Ashley and Beverly never checked on me. They were only there because they didn't have anyone else." I said and Michael finally began to talk.
"I'm sorry, but I'm here now." He muttered.
We both stayed quiet, and the only sound was the soft wind and the wandering crickets.
The street light was right above us and I could see every one of his features.
"Are you sure?" I asked and he nodded.
"Of course." He replied.
I hugged him and he hugged back.
"Need a ride?" Michael offered and I nodded.
"Friends?" I asked.
"Friends." He replied.
"Michael, where the fuck-" Dante said and suddenly stopped.
He sounded drunk.
"What are you doing with ally?" He said confused and I softly pulled away from the hug.
"It's really not what it looks like." I said and watched Dante try to register the sight in front of him.