☹ Chapter 14 ☹

NEXT TO YOU, THE SKY'S MORE BLUE

I woke up late at 7:40 AM.
I got ready quick and was out of the door by 8:10 AM.
I walked to school with 30 minutes left of health.
I went to my locker and collected my stuff, once I got into class the teacher greeted me.
"Hello, Allison. Where's your pass?" The teacher immediately asked, I gave the teacher my pass and sat down next to Dante.
"I'm sorry." I whispered, but he still ignored me and focused on the lesson.
I put my hand on his, "I didn't mean the whole fuck you thing yesterday, I care about you."
He still didn't answer me and that left me heartbroken for the rest of the day.
I cared about him, and he ignored me so easily.
Then, we got to the last period which was English.
I sat next to Dante for the millionth time today.
"Hey." I said, attempting to make a conversation with him.
Again, he ignored me.
"Ok, then." I said and focused back on the lesson.
Near the end of the period, we were allowed to talk to people near our seats.
"Hey, Ally." Audrey came over to our seats and tried talking to us.
I laughed sarcastically, and ignored her.
Ashley came over and began talking to me.
"So, how's you and your dad?" She said oblivious to the fact he didn't come home yet.
"He's not home, and he won't be for a couple days or weeks." I said blankly, staring at nothing.
Meanwhile, Dante sat talking with Michael.
"I'm so tired and my head hurts." I complained.
"Did you drink yesterday? You were acting weird." She said worriedly, whispering so no one could hear.
"Just a little." I said, knowing she wouldn't believe me.
"What happened yesterday? And why aren't you talking to Dante?" She asked me.
"Nothing." I said trying to ignore the topic.
"Are you oka-" She said but I interrupted her.
"Will you leave me the fuck alone?" I said a little louder and more rude than I wanted.
No one really heard except for the people near us.
"Damn, al." Michael chuckled.
I looked away in embarrassment of causing a scene and saw Ashley walk away madly.
I got up and walked after her, "Hey I'm sorry Ashley, I shouldn't have taken it out on you."
"Why do you always take shit out on me? I'm tired of it." She said angrily, quietly.
"I'm sorry, I won't do it again." I promised and stuck out my pinky.
"Pinky promise? Really, al." This made her chuckle, but nonetheless she intertwined her pinky with mine.
"Forgive me?" I asked.
"Maybe, I don't know." She answered honestly, which made my smile fall a bit.
"I'll forgive you if we go get ice cream later?" She suggested.
"Okay." I agreed.
"And if you fix things with Dante." We were at her seat now and I was sitting next to her.
"I tried, it's hopeless." I rolled my eyes.
"Try." She said smirking at me.
So we got ice cream and started making a plan on how I'd get Dante to forgive me.