Chapter One

QUICK NOTE: This book is based off of the song "Porcelain Face" by 4 Door Theater. Please look up the meaning for more context. I refer to the song a LOT. Also, THIS BOOK IS IN A WORLD WHERE QUIRKS DON'T EXIST!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ugly

Worthless

Stupid

Deku

Everything that Izuku has been called since he was born. Everything that he believes himself to be. Being bullied his entire life, his brain only knew the negative. He hides his pain with a smile though, and tries to be happy; something he is not.

The kid with the cardboard face.

There are two things that keep Izuku going.

One; his mother, the kind woman who has no idea what's really going on in her son's life.

Two; the fictional world of Heroes Awaken. In this world, there are superpowers, and a class of students is trying to become heroes. Izuku loves the idea of heroes, and he truly wants to become apart of their world. Those are the only two reasons Izuku is still here. If those reasons didn't exist, then Katsuki Bakugo would have no one to call Deku.

Today, our green-haired cinnamon bun sits in class, keeping his eyes out the window to avoid confrontations with any of his classmates.

"Oi Deku," he knows that voice, Katsuki Bakugo; Kacchan "you're doing my homework tonight, k?"   

The boy nods slowly, still avoiding eye-contact.

Katsuki drops the sheets of paper on Izuku's desk, then sits down and sits his legs over the desk. As class begins and the teacher, named Eichi Suzuki enters the class, a girl with (E/C) eyes and (H/C) hair steps in behind him.

    At the sight of her, Izuku's classmates burst into conversation, discussing how the girl looks like a goddess.

    "Class, this is (L/N) (Y/N), she's a new student transferring from (Country)." Eichi says, "Please treat her with respect. You can sit behind Midoryia, over there."

    Shocked, it takes Izuku a few seconds to realize that Eichi is talking about him, so he raises his hand awkwardly. The (E/C)-eyed girl smiles, and sits down at her new seat.

    "Why does she have to sit next to him?" a few voices ask, which changes Izuku's mood immediately.

    (Y/N)'s face contorts, glancing at Izuku with concern. To her, Izuku was a version of herself. She used to be the bullied one, she used to hide the pain with a smile, but now, knowing how her life became a living hell, she decided to speak up.

    "Leave him alone." the class freezes at the venom in her words, and the class decides to obey.

    Izuku turns his head to the new girl, who smiles at him.

    She reaches out, touching his shoulder, "If they give you a hard time, let me know, alright?"

    The green-eyed boy nods slowly, a blush creeping upon his face. Then everyone turns back to the front of the room, where Eichi begins explaining mathematical equations and tells the students to write down notes.

    After school, Izuku tries to leave the school grounds without having to see Katsuki, but his wish isn't granted at that blonde boy greets him at the school gate.

    "Nerd, are you done the homework yet?" Katsuki hisses.

    "H-Huh?" Izuku replies, "H-How would I get it done so quickly, Kacchan?"