Chapter Three

The next morning, as Izuku and (Y/N) walk to school together, Izuku feels an angry presence behind him. He looks back to see Katsuki and two of his friends, charging towards them.

"Oi Deku, did you finish the homework?!" Katsuki yells, pulling Izuku into the school fence.

I was too focused on Heroes Awaken and (Y/N), I'm surely in for a beating now.

"Get your hands off of him." a certain girl hisses.

"What are you going to do about it?" Katsuki replies, smirking.

"This." (Y/N) responds, kicking Katsuki in between the legs.

Then the (E/C)-eyed girl grabs Izuku's hand, pulling him with her as they rush into the school and down the hallways. Eventually, Katsuki is about to catch up with them again, as (Y/N) can hear his grunting and footsteps, so she opens the janitors closet and pulls the green-haired boy in with her.

"Whew." she mutters, "are you okay?"

"Y-Yeah, thank you, (Y/N)-san."

And then the two realize how close they are together. They can feel each other's breath, they can feel each other's blushes as they appear across their cheeks. There's no more room in the closet so unless they want to risk being noticed by Katsuki, they have to stay this close to each other.

"I-I'm sorry, this was the only idea I had." (Y/N) mutters, averting eye contact with the boy.

Soon enough, just as the bell is about to ring, the two exit the janitor's closet and head to their classroom. Katsuki glares at (Y/N) as she sits down behind Izuku, and class begins. After their school day is over, (Y/N) heads to talk to Izuku, but Katsuki grabs her wrist.

"Why are you protecting Deku?" he hisses.

(Y/N) rips her arm out of the ash blonde's grip, "Because he's like me, what I used to be. And if you're going to continue to bully him, don't expect me to hold back."

She rolls her eyes and then turns on her heel and exits the classroom, seeing Izuku at his locker.

For the last two months of their junior high year, Izuku and (Y/N) continued to get close, eventually learning each other's favourite things and earning deeper feelings for each other.

Now, they were exiting their classroom for the last time.

"Wow, I can't believe junior high is over." (Y/N) mutters.

"Yeah, neither can I!" Izuku replies, "I'm guessing you applied to Yuuei high as well?"

His best friend chuckles, "Of course I did, it resembles the school from Heroes Awaken as well, so it feels like I'm there."

"Hey, how about you come over tonight and we rewatch Heroes Awaken together?" Izuku suggests, earning a happy grin from (Y/N).

"Hell yeah!"

So later that night, just like the first night (Y/N) ever came over, she was greeted at the door by Inko and immediately headed towards Izuku's room. He is sitting at the computer, finding the first episode of their favourite show.

"Hey, Izu-chan!" (Y/N) giggles, and Izuku almost falls out of his chair from surprise.

"Jeez, (Y/N)-chan, you scared me." he responds, laughing.

"Sorry, I forgot that you get so interested in things and block out the world." the girl replies, giggling once more.

"So, you ready for this marathon?" Izuku asks, the girl nods and they both sit in front of the computer, watching Heroes Awaken together.

Then (Y/N) notices a piece of paper lodged between a small book, curious, she takes it out and begins to read.

"Huh, Izu-chan, why do you have this?" She asks.

Izuku takes the piece of paper from her, reading it himself.

Play La Vie En Rose (Piano Solo)

To-Do Before I Die
1. Have my first kiss.
2. Stand up to Kacchan.
3. Get into Yuuei high.
4. Fall in love.
5. Make the greatest friend ever.
6. Make a difference in someone's life. 7. Hold a birthday party.
8. Travel the world.
9. Pull an all-nighter.
10. Laugh until I can't breathe.
11. Dance to my favourite songs.
12. Admit my feelings to someone I love.

The green-haired boy sighs, as (Y/N) reads the title of the list and stares at her best friend with concern, "Izu-chan? What the hell were you planning to do?!"

Izuku stares at (Y/N) with tears in his eyes, "I-I'm sorry, (Y/N)-chan. I-I...I was going to kill myself."

    (Y/N) stares into Izuku's eyes, feeling her own fill up with tears

"I hated my life." he continues, "It was a living hell so I planned to at least finish this bucket list before I died. T-That was until you came along. Everything's changed since you came here, (Y/N)-chan I mean, I used to have no one and I used to have to prepare each day for Kacchan and the rest of the class but ever since you came, they stopped attacking me. You- you saved me."

"Oh, Izu-chan." (Y/N) giggles through her tears, as she stands up and tackles Izuku in a hug. "We are finishing that bucket list, but you are not allowed to kill yourself at the end, okay?"

Blushing, the green-haired boy nods, "O-Okay."

(Y/N) takes the list from her friend, crossing off number 5 (the greatest friend ever.) and number 6 (Make a difference in someone's life) confused, Izuku looks up at (Y/N).

"You changed my life too, y'know." she mutters, "You made me realize that I have to stand up for myself. You made me realize-"

She cuts herself off, covering her mouth with her hand.

"Huh, what else did I make you realize (Y/N)-chan?" Izuku asks, but the girl in front of him just shakes her hands in front of her.

"N-Nothing."

Izuku chuckles, "Y'know, you can tell me anything, I won't judge you."

And then the boy's thoughts drift to number twelve on the list. Admit my feelings. He can't do that, (Y/N) is pretty new in his life but..he can't help but want to tell her.

And that's when a sudden burst of courage courses through him, "(Y/N)-chan, I have something to tell you."