Chapter Six

"You were amazing!" Izuku complements, making the poor (E/C)-eyed girl blush deeply.

    "T-Thanks."

    The green-haired boy chuckles, "Y'know what, you going up there and singing has given me some confidence, I'm going next!"

    Izuku practically shoots out of his booth and rushes to the signup sheet, writing his name down. As he attempts to walk back over to his seat until it's his turn, he's called up.

    Slowly, he turns on his heel and steps up on the stage, punching his song name into the machine. When the upbeat sound fills (Y/N)'s ears, she can't help but tap her foot to it.

(Scroll back to the top for the video, play it now.)

    "You got that sunset vibe, that drives me wild. It's true ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh." Izuku glances over at the (H/C)-haired girl, trying not to give off the fact that he chose this song because of her, "That don't care style, that makes me smile. It's you ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh. You hit me like an earthquake. First Date, Abercrombie soulmate. We can do this all day. Ooooooooh! Jaw dropping showstoppin', stuntin' like your Mary Poppins. Let's get this party started! Your look, your laugh, your love..if only you knew! That all I ever think about's you! When you give me give me those eyes. Baby, is this even real life? Cus you got me breathing breathing sunshine. It's all the little things that you do, that always get me get me tongue tied. Come on won't you give me a sign? And baby tell me tell me you're mine! You're all I even think about."

    He takes a breath, "Midnight swim I caught you in my pool ool ooooool ool ool ool. If I jump in, can I kiss you too ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh! That body's slamming, what's happening? Got the speakers blastin', neighbors are in Aspen. Ooh ooooooooh. Yeah I'm mackin, you're laughin'. But darling this is smashing. Yeah, I said smashing. Your look, your laugh, your love. Am I getting this through? That all I ever think about is you, when you give me give me those eyes. Baby, is this even real life? Cus you got me breathing breathing sunshine. It's all the little things that you do, that always get me get me tongue tied. Come on, won't you give me a sign! And baby tell me tell me you're mine. You're all I even think about. Your look, your laugh, your love, your touch, it's you. Your lips on mine, can't get enough. It's you! Your look, your laugh, your love, your touch, it's you! Your lips on mine, can't get enough, can't get enough! All I ever think about is you! When you give me give me those eyes. Baby, is this even real life? 'Cus You got me breathing breathing sunshine! It's all the little things that you do, that always get me get me tongue tied. Come on, won't you give me a sign? And baby tell me tell me you're mine! You're all I even think about! You're all I ever think about! You're all I ever think about! Think about you..you're all I ever think about!"

    When the song ends, all of the restaurant begins to cheer. (Y/N) sits in dismay as her best friend cheekily sits back in his seat.

    "Since when could you sing like that?" She asks, giggling.

    "I don't know." Izuku replies, "That's really my first time."

    The girl chuckles, as the waiter finally comes over, bringing the lovebirds their food. Quickly, the two scarf it down.

    "Izu-chan," (Y/N) says, swallowing the mouthful of food, "your birthday is July 15th, right?"

    Izuku slowly nods, "Yeah..why do you ask?"

    The (H/C)-haired girl giggles, "Oh, no reason."

    The green-haired boy is curious about her reason why she wanted to know his birthday, but Izuku decides to leave it. The two lovebirds spend the rest of the night chatting about Yuuei high and their plans after graduating, as well as who their new classmates might be. At 8 pm, Izuku and (Y/N) are walking home together.

    "Are you sure you want to walk me home, Izu-chan?"

    Izuku chuckles, "Yes, I don't trust the streets this late at night."

    (Y/N) rolls her eyes, giggling to herself as the two walk together until they reach the (L/N) residence.

    "Alright, I'll see you soon." the (E/C)-eyed girl says, waving at her friend; who replies with the same gesture, then heading into the large house with a blush plastered on her face.

    When Izuku reaches his own home, Inko is sitting in the kitchen. She notices her son and jumps up.

    "Izuku-kun, how was it!?" She squeals, "What was she wearing, what did you two do? What did you talk about!?"

    "Mom, please..just calm down." Izuku replies, chuckling.   

Inko takes a breath.

    "(Y/N)-chan and I had fun." the boy replies, "We did some karaoke, ate dinner, and were bonding over Yuuei."

    His mother smiles, "Well, I'm sure you're beat after all that. Go get some sleep. In the morning, I want to go over your subjects with you for Yuuei. You are going to start going to that amazing school in just one month after all!"

    One month until we get into Yuuei high, three months until my birthday...I wonder what (Y/N) is planning.

    Back in the (L/N) residence, (Y/N) is studying by herself. Her parents never bothered to get her a tutor, and her brother is always out or too busy playing videogames, so (Y/N) was always forced to study herself, without any help.

    But a knock at her door startles her.

    "Come in." She mutters.

    "Hey sis.." the person says, (Y/N) turns around to face her brother, and plasters a scowl on her face.

    "What do you want?"

    Kaori sighs, "Listen, I know you hate my guts but I'm sorry! I was dumb and so..stupid. I was angry and I'm sorry that I posted those private moments online, and got you kicked out."

    (Y/N) rolls her eyes, "You're a few months too late for an apology, bakayaro."

    Her brother cringes at the harsh word, "I'm sorry, alright! I know I'm late but that's because mom and dad wouldn't let me go find you to apologize!"

    His sister only stares down at the textbook, completely ignoring his sentence.

    Kaori sighs, the depressing and regretful feelings that he's felt ever since (Y/N) was cast out consuming him, "Fine."

    He exits his sister's room in a huff, heading back to his own. The (H/C)-haired boy was almost thankful that his parents didn't care about him in the past few months without (Y/N). Kaori's room is practically torn apart. He was going crazy with regret and anger.

    His bed hasn't been made since (Y/N) left, the floor near his tv and videogames is lined with crumbs of hot pockets, his closet doors are wide open with boxes of clothing that he's too lazy to hang up stuffed inside. The rest of his clothes are all over the floor, some on his bed, some under it, and some just sit on top of his dresser. On Kaori's bedside table lays the most recent picture of (Y/N) and himself. It's of when they were four and six. At that age, the two siblings were almost too similar, sometimes even Kaori had been mistaken for a girl.

    He smiles at the memories, before everything happened. When his mind drifts back to the painful memory of him posting the photos of (Y/N) being 'improper', he throws himself onto his bed. Over the few months, Kaori slowly began to eat less and less, until he lost about ten pounds. He tried to eat more, he tried to get better, but nothing was helping. So that's why he finally tried to apologize to (Y/N), maybe if the one person he loved most that he hurt accepted his apology, he'd get better.

    But his apology wasn't accepted.

    Tears rush to his eyes, and instead of wiping them and attempting to stay strong, like he usually does, Kaori just lets the tears flow from his eyes, silently crying as he falls asleep on his bed.