Chapter Five

Play Ballade Pour Adeline by Richard Clayderman (Cover)

A few weeks later, which were full of (Y/N) and Izuku hanging out and watching Heroes Awaken together, they both get their letters from Yuuei high. Right as Inko notices the letter, she rushes back inside and shows her son.

 Right as Inko notices the letter, she rushes back inside and shows her son

Izuku takes the letter into his room, calling (Y/N) up right away.

"Hey Izu-chan, what's up?" the girl answers.

"DID YOU GET YOUR LETTER FROM YUUEI!?" Izuku yells, earning a chuckle from the other side of the line.

"Yes, I got in. Did you?" She replies.

"YES! HOLY CRAP!"

(Y/N) laughs again on the other side of the line, "Hey, do you want to meet me at the Soaline restaurant later tonight? Let's celebrate this, together."

Izuku smiles, "Sure."

"Alright, 5 pm a good time?"

"Mhm."

"Okay, I'll make reservations, see ya then Izu-chan."

Number 3 on the to-do list is now complete.

"Oh my gosh, I talked to a girl over the phone!" Izuku sighs under his breath, falling back onto his bed with a bright blush.

The green-haired boy's heart flutters as he hugs his phone to his chest. During these few months that Izuku has known (Y/N), his feelings for her grew stronger. On the first week, his feelings were only a stream, but now, they are a raging rapid of emotions.

Slowly, the boy takes the sheet of paper beside him, the to-do list that he made, crossing off number 4 on it. Fall in love. Izuku Midoryia is deep in a puddle of love, but he doesn't know if he can ever admit these feelings to (Y/N). She's his only friend, what if he fucks it up? What if she doesn't accept his feelings?

He can't take that risk, not yet.

The green-eyed boy glances over, checking the time. It reads: 3 pm. He only has two hours or less to get ready to see his crush.

"Mom!" He yells, jumping up from his bed.

"Yes?" the woman replies.

"Can you help me? I'm going to see (Y/N) at the Solarine resturant at five, and I have no idea what to wear!" Izuku squeaks.

Inko chuckles, "Don't worry, I have just the thing."

At 4:30, Izuku is finally ready.

Although the outfit Inko picked out is very casual, it's a tad formal as well. His pants are jeans, the casual part. But, his shirt is green, flat ironned, a button-up and long-sleeved. He takes a breath before hugging his mother and heading towards the resturant.

When he arrives, he tells the host (Y/N)'s last name for a reservation and heads to the two seated table. He sits down and glances at the menu for a few moments before the certain (E/C)-eyed girl finally comes around the corner and sits down acrosss from him. Izuku's eyes brighten at the sight of her.

She's wearing black jeans that have two holes above her knees, as well as a burgendy t-shirt that's mostly covered by a light blue jean jacket.

(#3 on this picture)

	"Wow, I love your outfit!" Izuku complements

As the girl sits down, she giggles, "Thanks."

And it's at that moment that Izuku realizes something.

Wait a second, IS THIS A DATE!?

AM I ON A DATE WITH (Y/N)-CHAN!?

Yes, Izuku, you are.

"I'm so excited to go to Yuuei!" (Y/N) giggles, as Izuku finally snaps out of his thoughts.

"Me too," He responds, "It's the hardest school to get into. I wonder who are classmates are going to be."

"I swear if it's Bakugo-kun, I will beat him up if he touches you." But suddenly the girl's face contorts, "Oh wait, you do have one of your goals on the list that you have to stand up to him."

Izuku nods slowly, "Yeah.."

"Do you have the list with you?" She asks.

The green-haired boy nods, pulling it out to show her. He lays it flat on the table, or at least, as flat as he can make it. Most of the edges are torn now, and the paper is very crumpled.

"So you've already had an all-nighter, made a change in someone's life, made the bestest friend ever, got into Yuuei, and ooo..you fell in love already?" (Y/N) snickers, "So, who's the lucky girl? Do I know her? OH MY GOSH, is it Kokona from the other class?"

Izuku blushes, "N-No, uh..I'll tell you everything later."

The girl in front of him pouts, "Fine, baka."

Soon, the waitress approaches the lovebirds and asks what they would like to eat. (Y/N) asks for an (F/F), while Izuku, of course, asks for a Katsudon bowl.

After the two had eaten, a man in a chef's outfit stands up on a stage to Izuku's left, and (Y/N)'s right.

"Hello everyone!" He says, "Tonight is our karaoke night so if you would like to participate, please come sign up on the sheet. You will have five minutes! This machine can choose any song from Spotify, YouTube, or Soundcloud, so you have practically unlimited choices!"

"Ooh, we should sing Izu-chan!" (Y/N) giggles.

Izuku chuckles nervously, "You can go on if you like (Y/N). I'd rather hear you sing than do it myself."

The girl rolls her eyes, "Fine, I will, you big baby."

She gets up from the table and heads to the stand, waiting in the short line to write her name and song on the piece of paper. When she comes back, the two wait for the five minutes to be up and they sit through two other performances before it's (Y/N)'s turn.

"And next we have.. (Y/N) (L/N), singing Would You Be So Kind by Dodie!"

The (H/C)-haired girl takes a breath, shoving her growing anxiety down in her throat as she steps up on the stage and types in her song name into the machine.

The second that the melody begins, Izuku is mesmerized, this song is one of his favorites.

"I have a question." (Y/N) sings, taking another breath, "It might seem strange, how are your lungs? Are they in pain? 'Cause mine are aching. Think I know why..I kinda like it though. You wanna try? Oh would you be so kind, as to fall in love with me? You see, I'm trying. I know you know that I like you, but that's not enough. So if you will, please fall in love. I think it's only fair. There's gotta be some butterflies somewhere, wanna share? 'Cause I like you, but that's not enough. So if you will, please fall in love with me."

Getting into the groove, the (E/C)-eyed girl ignores the world around her, imagining herself at home in the shower singing, "Let's write a story. Be in my book, you've got to join me on my page. At least take a look. Oh, where are your manners? You need some time? Let's swap chests today, that might help you decide. Oh would you be so kind, as to fall in love with me. You see, I'm trying. I know you know that I like you, but that's not enough. So if you will, please fall in love. I think it's only fair. There's gotta be some butterfly somewhere. Wanna share? 'Cause I like you, but that's not enough. So if you will, please fall in love with me."

(Y/N) drags the 'me' on for a few moments, before continuing to the next lyric, "Oh, oh, do me a favor. Can your heart rate rise a little? Do me a favor, can your heart rate rise a little? Do me a favor, can your heart rate rise a little? Do me a favor."

Izuku stares at the girl with admiration, his heartbeat rising.

"Oh, would you be so kind as to fall in love with me. You see, I'm trying. I know you know that I like you, but that's not enough so if you will, please fall in love. I think it's only fair. There's gotta be some butterflies somewhere...wanna share? 'Cause I like you, but that's not enough. So if you will, please fall in love. Oh I like you, but that's not enough. So if you will, please fall in love with me."

The entire Solarine restaurant erupts into cheers as (Y/N) rushes off of the stage a blushing mess and sits back in her booth.