Chapter Eight

After a week at Yuuei, (Y/N) and Izuku made many friends. Today though, is the day of the Sports Festival. Yuuei's sports festival is held in a large arena, one for each year of students. In this arena, each year will be grouped together in three rounds of events. Each year, the events end with a game of soccer, but the first two events are always a mystery until the day of the festival.

"Izu-chan!"

The green-haired boy turns at the sound of his nickname, put soon he falls to the ground as the (H/C)-haired girl falls on top of him.

	"Izu-chan!"	The green-haired boy turns at the sound of his nickname, put soon he falls to the ground as the (H/C)-haired girl falls on top of him

"A-AH!" (Y/N) squeaks, jumping up as fast as she can, "I t-tripped, and I guess I'm too excited for the festival to pay attention." She takes a breath, and extends her hand, "I'm sorry Izu-chan."
Izuku takes her hand and stands up, "I-It's alright (Y/N)-chan. I'm very excited as well."

The two walk together towards Yuuei high, and when they enter class 1-A's room, they're are immediately met with Ochaco's and Tenya's eyes.

"Good morning, you two!" Tenya greets, waving his hands like a robot, just being himself.

"Good morning, Iida-kun." (Y/N) responds, giggling.

"Everyone sit down, class is starting!" the blue-haired boy yells, turning away from Izuku and (Y/N).

The (E/C)-eyed girl turns, and gives Izuku a charming smile, the boy replies with a similar smile, but a bright blush on his face as well. Class 1-A obeys Tenya's orders and soon enough, Shota walks through the door with his typical scowl.

"The Sports Festival this year will be different." He announces, "Instead of you learning what the rounds are at the beginning of the festival, I'm telling you here. The first game will be an obstacle course. We will vote to see who is the most fit to race in this. For this Sports Festival, the different classes of the first years are pit against each other, not including their classmates. Whichever class wins this year's Sports Festival earns a week without school."

Immediately, class 1-A erupts into cheers.

"Okay, calm down." Shota hisses, "The second game will be a writing contest. We will also vote for this but there will only be allowed one person for this one. Oh, and there are ten rounds this year as well. The other eight rounds will be announced when we begin in one hour. Now, go ahead and vote whichever way you please, I'm going to take a nap."

As their homeroom teacher lays down in his yellow sleeping bag, class 1-A begins their voting process.

Izuku begins to mutter, singling each person out until he has decided that Katsuki, Eijiro, Shoto, Tenya, and Mashirao are the top five best students for the obstacle course.

"E-Eh?!" (Y/N) squeaks suddenly, startling Izuku out of his muttering state, "I'm not racing!"

Mina Ashido stands in front of (Y/N)'s desk, "Oh yes you are, you're clearly fit and quick on your feet!"

The (H/C)-haired girl blushes, "N-Not really."

The girl with the pink hair chuckles, but as she goes to speak Katsuki interrupts.

"Really raccoon-eyes?" He mocks, "(Y/N) wouldn't make it halfway through the track!"

The blonde boy throws his head back in laughter, but suddenly the entire class is silent as everyone hears a loud thump. The class glances behind Katsuki to see Izuku stand up with an angry look plastered over his face.

"Kacchan, just shut up for once in your life!"

Time seems to slow down as the words escape Izuku's mouth. (Y/N) stares at the green-haired boy with admiration, she's proud that the boy kept his word, and really stood up to his childhood friend.

"What the hell did you just say, nerd!?" Katsuki replies, turning around in his seat.

Izuku grinds his teeth, letting his emotions take over, "I told you to just shut up! You always think that you're better than everyone. Well, you're not! You can't go around bullying everyone, Kacchan! And I will not stand for it anymore! Leave (Y/N)-chan out of this!"

Katsuki even is in shock. He doesn't glare, he doesn't even retort. The boy just blinks at Izuku, the boy that he bullied most of his life, and turns around, sitting back in his seat.

Number 2 has been completed.

Ochaco in the back of class smiles to herself, It looks like I have a new pair to ship~!

"Iida-kun~" She whispers, "We have to get those two together. Don't you think they'd be so cute?!"

Tenya chuckles, "Alright, Uraraka-san, I'll help you in the mission."

The best friends secretly high-five each other under the desk, "Mission (shipname) is a go!"

After forty minutes, class 1-A has finally decided that Eijiro and Tenya will be doing the first round, then Ochaco will be doing the second round, the writing contest.

"Alright, we'll head down to the arena now." Shota says, as he finally wakes up from his nap.

The class sits in the waiting room, waiting for the last twenty minutes before the games begin. (Y/N) takes the chance to thank Izuku.

"Hey Izu-chan!"

"O-Oh, hey (Y/N)-chan." Izuku replies, blushing.

The (E/C)-eyed girl twirls a piece of her hair, avoiding eye contact with her best friend, "T-Thank you for s-standing up to Bakugo-kun for me."

The green-haired boy's blush deepens, but he finds himself smiling, "You're welcome, (Y/N)-chan."

	"Alright everyone!" Tenya yells, opening the door, "It's time to go!"	Class 1-A rushes to the entrance to the Sports Festival field

Class 1-A rushes to the entrance to the Sports Festival field.

As the light fills their pupils, they glance around at the audience. (Y/N) shoves the anxiety that was filling up down her throat, and she waves at the crowd with a bright smile. Izuku watches her and smiles to himself, but blushes as he realizes that Tenya and Ochaco watched him look over at (Y/N).

"Alright first years!" Nemuri announces from the flat surface in the middle of the arena, "Let's get right to this! You should all know that there are ten rounds this year, the tenth will still be our annual soccer game. The first two are a writing contest and an obstacle course. The rest..they will be revealed later in the festival! Now let's start with the obstacle course! The two students from each class that were chosen for this round, please come join me on stage!"

Eijiro and Tenya hop onto the stage, and watch as students from other classes join them as well. Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu and Yosetsu Awase from class 1-B stand out the most. I mean, Tetsutetsu does have long pale eyelashes and ash white hair.

"These teams will be helping each other race through the obstacle course that is setup outside the stadium. The first team, which means BOTH members to make it back to the stadium wins!" Nemuri yells, giggling.

Eijiro and Tenya stand beside each other, smiling at Tetsutetsu and Yosetsu as the green lights above the entrance to the obstacle course blink.

Until finally, it's time to run.