Chapter Nine

(Y/N) and Izuku, as well as the rest of class 1-A watch the big screen as their two classmates and the rest of the chosen students rush through the exit hallway. Eijiro and Tenya are so quick, that (Y/N) and Izuku can barely keep their eyes on them.

"It looks like Kirishima and Iida from class 1-A are the leaders of this race, but now they've come across the first obstacle!" Hizashi Yamada announces, "The Casums of death!"

(These are basically the casums that they had to get across in the actual cannon universe)

Tenya and Eijiro stare down into a black abyss, then they nod at each other, not even needing to communicate. They stand a good few feet from their death and then Tenya runs and basically throws his classmate over to the other side.

"Wait, how are you going to get over, Iida-kun!?" Eijiro yells.

"I can run!" Tenya replies.

Eijiro gulps as the blue-haired boy backs up a little further than from where he threw Eijiro and then breaks into a sprint just as their other Yuuei students approach the obstacle. Tenya jumps and just barely makes it to the other side. Eijiro helps his friend on his feet and the two continue to run for the next obstacle.

"Kirishima and Iida from class 1-A are still in the lead!" Hizashi yells in the stadium, "Now they're approaching the second obstacle! The rocks of doom!"

Back in the stadium, Izuku hears (Y/N) giggle.

"What's so funny?" He asks, staring at her.

She giggles once more, "The names for the obstacles are amusing. It's like he's coming up with them on the spot."

She smiles at her classmate, which prompts Izuku to reply with the same gesture. When the two turn back to the big screen, Eijiro and Tenya are helping each other climb the tall wall of rocks. Suddenly though, as Tenya is above Eijiro, his right foot slips and he loses his footing.

Thankfully, Eijiro grabs his friend's foot and holds it their before they can fall.

Soon, the two get over the wall as the other Yuuei students begin approaching.

"Iida and Kirishima from class 1-A are still in the lead!" Hizashi yells, "Now the two are approaching the final obstacle, the Avalanche of Terror!"

(Y/N) giggles again beside Izuku, making his heart flutter.

Eijiro and Tenya nod at each other and start running the slopes. Objects come barreling towards the pair, but Tenya pushes Eijiro over to the left and moves himself to the right, so a small tree flies past them, and almost hits the next approaching group. Eventually, Eijiro and Tenya get to the top of the steep hill. They quickly high five each other and slide down the other end, while moving to the right or left as other obstacles appear.

They get to the bottom and put the petal to the metal for the final stretch. Straight behind them, Tenya notices class 1-B's chosen students, Tetsutetsu and Yosetsu rushing to catch up.

"Class 1-A is still in the lead!" Hizashi announces, "But will class 1-B be able to catch up before Iida and Kirishima make it inside the stadium!?"

Eijiro and Tenya run as fast as their legs can carry them for the final few seconds of the obstacle course, and they slow down when they make it inside. (Y/N) and the rest of her classmates jump on their feet and start cheering and yelling out for the winners of the first round. Izuku watches the (E/C)-eyed girl with a sweet smile plastered on his face.

The girl is clapping and smiling as bright as the sun, staring at Eijiro and Tenya with admiration. Ochaco catches the green-haired boy staring at his crush, and she cheekily smirks.

Maybe setting them up together will be easier than I first thought.

After the rest of the Yuuei students who participated enter the stadium, Nemuri stands up on the platform and speaks once more, "Now, it's time for round two! Anyone who was chosen for the writing contest, come on down. The rest of you can go have a break!"

Before Ochaco can go down, (Y/N) grabs the brown-haired girl's wrist and twirls her around into an embrace.

"You'll do amazing." the (H/C)-haired girl mutters in Ochaco's ear, before letting her friend go and giving her a smile.

When Ochaco gets down to where Nemuri stands, along with the other chosen students, the teacher explains the round, "Now, for this round, all of you chosen students are writing..obviously. Writing what, you ask? You're all going to write a short story, at least four paragraphs, about anyone in Yuuei High. This has to be appropriate for school and must include at least two characters. If you need prompts, Ishiyama-sensei has some over there. You have thirty minutes!"

You probably already can tell what Ochaco is about to do.

"While the contestants are writing their short stories, you are all welcome to get up and stretch!" Nemuri yells, as Ochaco takes a pen and paper from Ken.

(Y/N) and Izuku stare down at the brown-haired girl, trying to read her face.

"She looks..crazy." (Y/N) mutters.

The green-haired boy beside her nods, "I agree, she looks extremely passionate about what she's writing."

"It almost makes me scared of what she's writing." the (E/C)-eyed girl says.

Izuku gulps, "Well, it can't be that bad..right?"

Wrong Izuku.

Ochaco's devilish grin still hasn't disappeared, and she's been writing for fifteen of the thirty minutes. Her pen flies across her paper, and she seems to be the only student that's writing so quickly. Ibara Shiozaki from class 1-B is mostly just thinking of what to write, she doesn't even have two paragraphs done, and the rest of the students are having major writer's block. Ochaco, on the other hand, is anything but blocked with her writing, and she has five paragraphs already. (Y/N) leans over her railing and tries to see the paper. She can read the words, but she can see that the girl has already written five paragraphs.

"Wow, Uraraka-chan has written five paragraphs already, Izu-chan." She mutters.

Izuku finds a spot beside the (H/C)-haired girl and glances down at the paper, squinting to see the paragraph number, "Wow, she must really love the topic."

Soon enough, Nemuri announces that the contestants must put their pens down and hand in their stories.

"We will also read the top three, when they are chosen so that the crowd can judge to find the top story here today!" the teacher adds, as Ochaco hands in her story.

After a few minutes, the three teachers who are judging the stories, Ken Ishiyama, Shota Aizawa, and Nemuri Kayama finally have decided the top three stories.

"Top three stories, as vote by us teachers are, Ochaco Uraraka's 'Their Last Day on Earth', Hitoshi Shinso's 'Starry Night', and Ibara Shiozaki's 'Winding River'!" Ken announces, "The rest of you students may leave now."

Shota takes the mic from his fellow teacher, "I'm going to read Shinso's story first, then Ken will read Shiozaki's and Nemuri will read Uraraka's, and we'll vote after they've all been read."

So the sleep-deprived teacher reads the sleep-deprived student's story slowly and without any character in his voice. The only important thing to mention here, is that Hitoshi is not a good author. Anyways, next Ken reads Ibara's story. He has character in his voice, but apparently, it's not enough for Ibara.

When Nemuri clears her throat and takes Ochaco's story in her hands, the brown-haired girl clenches her fists. She's not only scared what the audience will think of her story...but what will Izuku and (Y/N) think? The only real reason that Ochaco wrote so much was because her friend told her she would do amazing, so she tried.

"It was a gloomy and dark night, (Y/N) (L/N) sat alone in her home. The thunder and lightning storm from outside flashing and terrifying her, even more, every few seconds. The (H/C)-haired girl clenched her knees against her chest, closing her (E/C) eyes as tightly as possible to avoid seeing the light, as her headphones, playing loud BTS music blocked out the thunder. The girl was too occupied to see or hear her best friend Izuku Midoryia enter." Nemuri begins.

Izuku and (Y/N) in the stands let out a terrified squeak. They saw how Ochaco was acting as she was writing her story.

What the hell was the girl up to?

"Instinctively, Izuku wrapped his arms around the terrified girl, pulling her close to his chest. (Y/N) snapped her eyes open, her heartbeat increased, but, when the two locked eye contact, her eyes softened and she buried her head in Izuku's neck. Somehow, the green-haired boy managed to block out everything around (Y/N), even if it was just for a few moments. As the thunderstorm passed, the best friends passed out on (Y/N)'s bed, cuddling each other tightly. Instead of having nightmares thanks to the storm that (Y/N) witnessed, her dreamland was full of unicorns and butterflies, all thanks to Izuku."

As Nemuri finishes the first two paragraphs, Izuku glances at (Y/N) with concerned eyes. When he does this, his best friend has her dominant hand covering her mouth, and he can see that her (E/C) eyes and glossed over, like she's about to cry.

"When (Y/N) woke up, Izuku was gone." Nemuri continues, "It felt like a jab in the chest, but the girl got out of her bed and prepared for her next day at Yuuei High. When she arrived at the elite school, she chatted with her friends, secretly looking for Izuku. Except, he was nowhere to be found. At first, the girl thought that he might've gotten sick, but she was wrong. Izuku was planning something. When the first period began, Izuku waltzed into the classroom at the last second, completely ignoring his childhood friend. At lunch, (Y/N) decided to give her friend some space. She attempted to walk past him, towards the cafeteria, but the green-haired boy suddenly grabbed her wrist, pulling her into a nearby empty classroom. 'What's been going on today, Izu-chan?' (Y/N) asked, 'You've been acting..different.' Izuku felt a dark blush creep onto his cheeks, 'I-I'm sorry, (Y/N)-chan..' he stuttered, 'It's just, last night made me realize something..' The poor (H/C)-haired girl was oblivious, 'What did it make you realize?' Izuku holds himself from chuckling at the girl, and responded, 'I..I love you, (Y/N)-chan. And, I-I have since we were kids. It felt like a burning feeling that I'd get when you were around, and I thought that was normal with best friends, but now I realize..it only happens when you're around. I know, you probably don't love me back and I can understand-' But (Y/N) put a finger to his lips, getting closer, and closer. 'I love you too, Izu-chan..' And the childhood friends kissed, as if it was their last day on Earth."

As soon as Nemuri stops speaking, the audience erupts into claps, cheers, and whistles. Ochaco lets herself blush as (Y/N) and Izuku are so confused that the green-haired boy even passes out onto Tenya's lap.

When the audience calms down, it's time for the voting.

Ken hovers his hand above Hitoshi's head, there are only a few cheers, next he holds it above Ibara, and there are few more..but not very many. When the teacher hovers over Ochaco's head, the entire audience screams louder than before.

"Well, this winner is pretty obvious." Shota mutters, turning on his heel. "There's a ten-minute break while we set up the next few rounds, go do something.."

Ochaco fistbumps the air and then high fives Nemuri before heading up towards her classmates. When the brown-haired girl gets up the stairs though, there is one very angry broccoli boy staring back at her.

"Oh boi, this is it, this is how I die; death by broccoli."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the long wait!

I also wanted to mention I post updates on my stories, like when they're published or when I'm working on them and if there will be slow updates or new books on my twitter! Come follow me!

Link: https://www.twitter.com/Glossy__Gamer

I'll try to post another chapter soon! Have a good day/night!

- Glossy