Prologue

note:
this story is a dramatized fanfiction and is not meant to portray or depict anyone for someone they are not. it's just a story, and they are characters in the story.

———

The sky is gray. To Agnetha Faltskog, it was just another one of those days. Lately she had been experiencing them quite often. Her loneliness is suddenly adding up each day, one after another. It wasn't that she hadn't been surrounded by her friends anymore. On the contrary, she always had a select few friends she had kept for close company, but even in their presence she couldn't avoid the sudden feeling. She has her friends, she has her family, yet she felt she was immensely lacking.

Nearly fifteen years ago, she had found herself moving to an island called Ekerö, where not long ago she had met a man. For the first few times Agnetha had run into him, she couldn't help but consider how odd this neighbor of hers was.

At every walk, he was there, whether in the morning or the evenings, making her laugh while taking his own walk, too. It was as if he had been waiting on her morning and night.

On a sunny day, Agnetha attended to her door, finding the same man, now a friend, had stood before her. Surely, taken by surprise, she let him in on that same morning she was feeling an additional amount of lonely. Although she hadn't known it then, the moment she invited him in, marked the beginning of a private affair with a man she'd soon wish she had never known at all.