Chapter Sixteen

As another few days passed, Agnetha began to feel accustomed to the new routine in her life. As much as she worried and felt stressed, she felt more peaceful with praying and visiting Björn consistently. She smiled more often, saw Frida and Benny who often cheered her up, and regained hope each time she visited.

On a sunny day, with flowers in a jar, she made her way into the hospital. The nurses greeted her by name. They had often chatted during those nearly three weeks each time she went in to see him... and they adored her. They of course recognized her, but each time they saw her, they treated her like any other patient's family, with extra smiles. They reassured her of his health and knew at which times of the day she'd come in.

With sunlight leaking through the windows, Agnetha took the same route as each day, treading through the halls. Often she'd bring miniature flowers and plants, especially baby's breath. She'd place them around the room, making the room feel more peaceful. It was nice to see life in that lifeless looking room.

When she had gotten to his room, she froze all together with a heartbeat that pounded quickly, too quick for her to slow down and comprehend why.

The bed was empty. Completely empty. Old flowers were gone. She looked around the room at the monitors that displayed nothing but a flat line. Her eyes fell back onto the perfectly made bed, puddling with tears. Her hands had begun to shake again growing with sweat. The glass jar fell from her hands onto the floor spilling its contents, while her eyes did the same.

"L-Lily," she said as the nurse hurried to her. "T-tell me he's not gone," she cried. "He's not gone. He can't be gone. Please, tell me. I'm not too late."

"Take it easy, sweetheart. We've only moved him to another room. He's not in need of intensive care anymore."

"What? Why?" The tears on her face stopped running down her cheek. Her eyes opened widely, not knowing if she should be afraid or happy to hear it. Lily smiled to her before explaining.

On the third floor in a distant room from where Agnetha stood, Björn laid in bed with Lena and his children around him. After just about three weeks, he had finally begun to show signs of ability to move, showing that his brain is able to send messages to the rest of his body to move, even if it's as small as moving his fingers.

In a sudden, two blue eyes shot open. They felt around the room, beginning to notice the environment. From black to white, the vision was hazy and brilliant in the same frame. He winced before noticing his wife and daughters were in the room.

"Mom," Emma called. "He's awake. Oh, my God." The emotions had overtaken the three bringing them to tears to finally see him conscious.

Björn though in pain, fought to keep his eyes open and tried to clear his blurred vision. When he realized it was his family, he smiled to see his girls. He had no idea what he had been through and the last memory he had was Agnetha's face.

"Oh, darling!" Lena embraced him with tears falling onto him as she wrapped her arms around his neck. "You made it."

He received hugs and kisses from his girls, who he was delighted to see, although there was one person on his mind. He couldn't concentrate on anything they were saying.

"How are you feeling?" He didn't have the ability to keep his eyes open from the discomfort of the light and everything happening. A few moments passed as they all waited for him.

"Where is she?" His voice croaked the first question. They all remained quiet. Lena held his hand and squeezed it tighter then smiled.

"I'm right here, honey," she knew exactly who he was asking for.