Chapter Seven

Björn thanked the God he had no longer believed in for the first time in years. She was here. She was sent to help him. He stared at her trying to figure out how many more times he had to describe the same situation, again and again. The constant reminder killed him. The nightmare was not over. It was only the beginning.

"My ex-wife is missing and we need you to run an investigation as soon as possible."

"And your name?"

"Björn. Ulvaeus."

"The one and only," she smiled briefly. It hit her, she had recognized the two men. "Benny Andersson, and..."

"Christian," he held out his hand to shake hers.

"My son," Björn said.

"You said your ex-wife... Agnetha?" She's witnessed and dealt with incredibly strong cases, but even this one had surprised her.

"Yes. I have given everything I know so far, but it's bigger than what I can find alone. I need an investigation to locate her."

"Come, follow me." She led them into her office and went over all of the details as they were tested with their very last nerve. After fifteen minutes of going through the timeline they knew she looked up from the papers before her. The black glasses framed her serious eyes.

"All of this information... Is there more? What do you know of their relationship?"

"Absolutely nothing," he explained. "Not until she led us to this court order and report."

"I can understand your frustration, Björn. I'm going to do everything to help bring her home. It's a promise. The earliest we can begin an investigation is by tomorrow morning at 8 AM. I'll make sure to have everything prepared for the team when I call them in. The best you can do now is wait until morning. I understand your concern completely but without your patience, we can't go anywhere with this." She looked at all three of them as she spoke.

"Tell me you'll find her."

"I promise we'll do our best. Our team of detectives are the best in Stockholm."

* * *

Eight hours. For eight long hours Björn was unable to rest. He paced around the empty house beside the fireplace. Lena and the girls had gone to bed. Linda and Jens had gone home. Christian and Benny had both gone to their own homes as well. He remained with the fireplace and scotch thinking of her.

Was she doing okay? Of course not. She's terrified of him from before this attack and he couldn't imagine now. Was she being fed? Was she being tortured? Did he hurt her? Did he touch her? His teeth clenched knowing he had nothing he could do but wait.

"Papa?" The young girl's voice croaked as she joined him in the office. She was rubbing her eye, still unable to open it from the sudden sensitivity to light. She had just woken up worried, reminded of the event from earlier in the night. He looked at her tired face and recognized her features well. She was certainly just like her mother.

"Hi, sweetheart. What are you doing awake?"

"I can no longer sleep. I don't know." She yawned.

"Makes two of us."

The tall blonde Anna walked into the study to sit with her father for a while, knowing he needed the company, company other than his Jameson. He put the glass down when he saw her join him and sat with her.

"Papa, Agnetha will be okay, won't she?" Her question broke his heart. Even she was concerned. He didn't know how to answer her.

"She's stronger than you and I may think. I hope we'll find her soon."