Chapter Twenty-Eight

It had taken a few days to become accustomed to accepting the recent revelations. Anna felt pressure and it was certain, but it wasn't because she didn't want to be surrounded by her parents and the rest of the family. It was because she felt she was now the center of everyone's attention and she did not like it.

Going from Björn to Lena and then Agnetha's with Björn in the same week was a hassle, but she had chosen this. Lena refused to not have her stay the night at her house and Anna was still curious of the contents in the box and getting to know her mother. If it was truly up to her, she would stay with Björn. Everything would be simpler for her that way.

In the grand home, Frida decided it was time to pick up the phone and ask about her friends. It had been over a week now that she hadn't heard from them. What should she be waiting for? She delayed it as much as possible, but couldn't fight the urge to pick up the phone. Everything was an open book and they've already explained themselves.

Frida had known her husband, of course, remained in touch with both Björn and Agnetha, but nothing more than checking in. Though Benny was also lied to, he quickly forgave. It was behind him. His wife on the other hand was just the opposite. She was still upset and as much as she asked Benny how they were, he only answered, "ask them yourself." She rolled her eyes and had agreed. She was concerned, because she knew this was the time they'd need her most. The hearing for Anna's custody would be coming within two days and she had no idea how they were coping.

Agnetha agreed because she needed reassurance, guidance and she simply missed Frida's company.

"I'm so happy to see you," Agnetha said as they both walked around to the back yard. They settled on lounging chairs with coffee that had already been made by Agnetha fifteen minutes previously.

"Me too," Frida paused. She took a breath and looked at Agnetha, her hair in curls and blowing in a few different directions. "Anna, I'm sorry, I haven't–"

"Don't even worry, Frid. I know I've been wrong to keep it from you. You're so close to me, but I couldn't tell a soul. It was never that I didn't want to. It was just..."

"I know. I would have been there for you." Agnetha smiled and threw her arms around Frida. "You and Anna are okay now?" She nodded.

"Slowly. I told her everything, I still feel like I have so much to tell her still. But I can't drown her in everything."

"I talked to her. I visited her a few days before because I was worried for her. And especially to have only Lena beside her," she widened her eyes.

"I swear that woman is out of her mind," Agnetha quietly said as she fixed coffee for the both of them. "There's two sides of her and it's frightening."

"But surely Anna knows this already, even if she considers her to be her mother still," she nodded.

"I respect it, I know she raised her."

"Agnetha, she couldn't have truly raised her. They're two different people. She has Björn's mind frame, you'll see it more when she's older. She's wiser than her age. She'll see things clearly, but of course it all takes time."

"I'm very proud of her," she smiled. Frida held Agnetha's hand and smiled along. "I'm worried about the hearing. Björn says it can be all up for Anna to decide, but Lena always has tricks up her sleeve."

"I have faith it'll work out. She can't keep you from your daughter. It's your right, a hundred percent."

"But I wasn't the one who was beside her for the past years. It was always Lena. You know she can be convincing."

"You have one thing she doesn't towards Anna. A mother's love. That can't be replaced. Even I can sense their distance. She's always been a daddy's girl and it makes sense now more than ever."