Chapter Thirty-Three

9:08 AM
"Björn?" Agnetha mumbled as she reached her hand across the bed. The last she remembered she was snuggled into him and now he was gone. She sat up and immediately left the bed and down the stairs to the study. She stood in the doorway and sighed in relief. Björn had turned around with a phone to his ear distracted from keeping his eyes to her as he listened.

"Give us an hour," he said sternly and closed the line. He turned to Agnetha seeing her approaching with questions ready to be asked.

"Can you come down to the station with me?" Suddenly then she had realized it wasn't a nightmare as she had hoped. It was true. "They're sending security here, but even so I'd be more comfortable for you to be beside me."

"But the kids, Björn, I don't want to frighten them, yet I don't think they should be clueless we're just leaving there."

"Emma's in the kitchen," he said. "I'll tell her we'll be back in a bit and not to leave anywhere."

"I'll tell Linda and Christian. They need to know, they can look after Emma and Anna."

"Sweetheart, they're grown and security will be here."

"Let me get dressed."

Agnetha passed through the house steadily and went up to the room. It didn't take her long to dress and it wasn't long until she had met Björn in the kitchen with car keys in his hand.

"Emma, have you seen Anna?" Björn asked, wanting to also see her before they left.

"No, I thought she left."Agnetha frowned. That habit of hers was happening more often. She'd rise and leave before breakfast and without leaving a word behind for anyone. "Didn't she make plans to go with her friends or mom before we–"

"I don't know. Take care of the house, Em. Better yet, go and hang with Linda for the day. I don't want you to stay alone." Emma rolled her eyes and nodded so they'd leave her be already.

"Wait! What about Viggsö?"

"We're postponing it. We have to take care of something."

"Of course," she raised her eyebrows and stood to throw the remains of her breakfast in the trash.

10:23 AM
Björn broke out a sigh. He remembered the day he walked through the doors with the first incident. It felt as if it was bound to happen again and this time he felt he should be more prepared, but he wasn't. He was worried, angry and restless, but he tried to keep from showing for Agnetha's sake. The tall burgundy haired woman opened the door to them and smiled, yet remained completely serious and focused on the surroundings that there were no others following.

"Björn... Agnetha," she extended her hand and shook both of their hands. "I'd like to say that it's great to see you both again, but my apologies that this is the reason, yet again," she noticed Björn take hold of Agnetha's hand and she turned to lead them to the rest of the team. Björn didn't have words to reply back.

"Have you heard anything on him?" Björn asked.

"Nothing. We've caught security footage from the prison, so we can confirm it that he is no longer at Kumla, but how far he had gotten is what we're trying to find out. I wonder what he's running on. He doesn't have money."

"How could he have broken away? What about the high security that is there? I thought he was being watched closely?" Agnetha fired one question after the next, anxious and unsettled feelings about what was to come.

"I wish I had words to inform you. He seems to have been sneaking around," she showed them photos of him entering a room in his jail uniform and exiting in a guard uniform instead. Agnetha looked away feeling disgusted to have to see him again. "I know this is going to get difficult for you, for your family again, but we're going to do our best to locate him. We have security on their way to your ranch now. We're investigating how he managed to escape easily, trying to understand who the guard who assisted him is. The prison had done a lousy job with keeping us in the loop. We should have heard sooner. Nevermind it." She looked at Björn and then back to the frightened blonde. "We're pulling out call logs and visits. This one is a strange one. I don't know what I can tell you. I hope you can help me understand it."