Night of the Living mummy

My boots pounded the pavement as I walked through a broken city. This place is dark and dreary but has a confusing theme. I saw more blood stains then I could count and papers looking for a serial killer.It makes me smile knowing I might have a challenge on my hands. Poor sucker maybe kills for fun. He makes one hell of a mess though I thought as my hands went to my axe on my back and into my hands. I can swing it with one hand but I prefer to hold it with one anyway. My feet kept going in a steady pace as I watched the girl beside me . She clutched her hands together in a praying position as she walked I looked her black and white stripped shirt with a white coat. Her back shorts and black combat boots complimented her outfit and a black choker made me smile a bit. She was so cute like a little sister kind of way. I looked at the boarded up city and begun to grow bored until we heard a bird tweeting. 

        It was white and just hopping around. "It's a bird and it looks hurt." Rachel said as she went a bit ahead of me to get the bird. I grabbed a bag of crisps from the ground as I joined her. " Don't be afraid I want to help." She said as I crushed the bag in my hand and poured the crumbs on the ground. I loved animals but people were not my favorite.The little bird hopped to the pile and started eating as Rachel picked the bird up. She held it in her hands before I heard a can being kicked behind us. The bird flew ahead of us and Rachel chased the little thing. " Wait a minute kid I don't think we should hang around here."I said as i walked behind her with a tight grip on my axe. She ignored me and reached for the bird again"We'll get out of here together okay?" She said to the little creature before the boards shattered in from of her. I beared my teeth and stood still. The sound of insane laughter echoed through the street.

  "You should see the look on your faces so full of hope turned to despair. I'll give you till the count of three.Try to run away. Oh yeah I want you to cry and beg and scream with every step I can't get enough of those sad,pathetic faces." He said as he crouched in front of Rachel. He pissed me off with every word but I don't run away I just have to get the kid somewhere safe though."3" He said through his insane smile. I grabbed her arm and started to run in the direction of the alley."2"He giggled as I pulled her into the alley."1"He stated with malice in his voice and then the insane laughter as he ran after us. I dragged Rachel into a room and stuffed her into the first box I found and then jumped into the second one beside it. The sound of crunching told me he came through the door. "Where are ya little bitches at? Playing hide and seek are we? Get out here so i can kill ya!" His foot hit the container I was in and my heart hammered in my chest as the end of his scythe peirced the box in front of me. My eyes got wide and then he said " Not in there." He pulled it out and walked over to the box containing Rachel.

   I kicked the lid on my box and screamed "Pop goes the weasel!" He looked confused before I hit him with the broad side of my battle axe and sent him flying into the street back first. I grabbed Rachel and ran into the door facing the street and over the stunned mummy on the ground. We ran until my lungs burned for air and when I stopped it was where he first popped out at us. I took a deep breath and put my hands on my knees. Rachel walked over to the dead bird and said " That's not my bird. The bird from earlier didn't look so pathetic. I know how to make it right." I watched her pull out her needle and thread from a bag she had on her side. She stitched the bird back together and then buried it. She is one wierd kid I thought as I looked down and saw  key on the ground. I grabbed it and then we went walking toward the elevator. I lit a smoke again and took a deep inhale " Is that the way out?" I asked her as I took another drag. "I believe so though I'm not sure."I heard her reply as I found a control room and put the key in the lock.

   I just hit the button when I heard insane laughter and the words I found you and this time I won't even give you one second."I was getting real tired of this guy. He ran toward Rachel but I get there first as his scythe connected with my battle axe. I deflected his blow and shoved him backward. "Rachel Run." I said as my axe hit his scythe again. She went running toward the button on the wall as i took a swipe at Gauze head's feet. He dodged as I gripped is scyth with the point of my axe. I pulled him forward and punched him in the gut before kicking him away from the elevator.I ran after Rachel and into the elevator seconds before the doors closed and the sound of metal denting behind me. "Are you ok Rain." She asked full of concern. I hooted and raised my arms in victory"That was fun but next time let's not almost get killed by a scyth wielding mummy."I smiled and bounced around with a shit load of energy. That was what this job was I loved it.She smiled at me as I ruffled her hair and said "One down and however many to go. I will protect ya kid I promise."I took a breath as the elevator to what looks like another hospital. "round two ding,ding,ding." I said as my feet hit the tile floor.

* Yeah your a lunatic but hey your not weak right I figured since i have got this story rolling why not chapter two and debate on chapter 3 or who knows might get the whole story done all at once. and I am not stopping after they get out I will continue the story until I am satisfied but would love to know what you think. I do smoke in real life and if ya don't just replace it with popping gum or a sucker ,toothpick whatever. Happy reading.*