6

Clare opened her eyes, feeling herself wake up from the sleep she was in. She sat up carefully, hoping not to trigger any pain. She looked around her room, not wanting to believe this was her reality now.

"I rather dream for the rest of my life" she muttered as she slowly gets up. She opened the drawer and pulled out the maids dress she was given. She walked out seeing the hall was empty. She walked into the basement, taking out her cleaning supplies. She started with the living room. She began to broom up the dust laying on the floor.

She would flinch here and there but she tried to ignore it. Her waist felt like it'll tear any second if she kept moving around. Suddenly she heard footsteps in the room. She quickly stood up straight ignoring the pain aching in her wounds.

She forced a smile.

"Good morning master" she said with all her might, trying not to cringe.

He looked at her, eyeing her.

"Good morning" he said coldly and walked into the kitchen.

"Of course" she muttered and rolled her eyes. She went back to picking up the broom and doing the chores of a grown man. After a few seconds he came back out.

"How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine thank you" she said without looking at him. He stood there watching her.

"You're lying"

"Excuse me?" She said and looked at him.

He sighed and walked away.

"The hell is his problem?" She mumbled in annoyance.

_

Clare puts up her cleaning supplies after she was done with the rooms in the house. She was in the library now, dusting off the shelves. She sighed, feeling a burning sensation around her injuries but as she's been doing all day, she ignored it.

She looked outside and smiled. She saw a small crate filled with dirt. She walked outside and decided to take a look. Inside were flowers.

"Wow, their beautiful" she smiled. It was a mix of different color daisies. She looked in front seeing an empty plot of dirt.

She smiled once more before grabbing the crate. She looked around the garden and found a small shed. She went inside and collected the materials she needed.

She bent down on her knees slowly, wincing at the pain but ignoring it once again.

_

"What do you think your doing?!" Lucas shouted as he rushed back in his garden, seeing Clare messing with his flowers.

"I'm planting them" she said and looked up at him.

"Did I tell you to?!" He shouted again. Clare felt small compared to him.

"No but I just saw them there, I thought maybe I could-"

"I don't care. You don't touch shit unless I say so!" He shouted and brought his hand up. Clare's eyes widen and she brought her arms up to her face, automatically creating a shield.

Lucas stopped mid air, seeing how scared she was. He saw her shut her eyes and tremble. He sighed and brought his hand down. He breathes in deeply, trying to calm himself down.

"Just don't mess with the garden."

Clare slowly got up.

"I'm sorry" she mumbled softly and began to walk away. She felt tears stinging from the back of her eyes but she pushed them back. She brought her foot over the small stair leading back inside. She felt a shocking pain run through her when her foot contacted the floor.

She let out a cry as she lost her balance, not being able to hold back the pain anymore. She fell back landing on her back.

Lucas rushed over.

"What the hell did you do?"

"I just fell" she said and slowly sat up, tears finally running down her cheeks.
He puts her arm around his neck and helped her get up.

"Come with me" he said and started walking. She held on to him as she followed him into her room.

"We need to change your bandages" he muttered.

"I told you I'm fine." She said annoyed and started to walk out.

"Then explain the damn blood"

"What blood?" She asked. His eyes looked down and she followed his actions, seeing blood soaking through her dress.

"Shit" she muttered.

"Come" he motioned her to come closer. She sighed in frustration walked over carefully. He stood up and closed the door.

"Undress yourself" he said and turned around. She groaned and Slolwy started to unzip the back of her dress. She let it fall on the floor. She eyed the bandages, seeing they were soaked in blood.

"Done" she muttered and Slowly sat on the bed. He turned around and started to undo the bandages. He grabbed a small cotton ball and dipped it in alcohol. He had her lay down.

"May i?" He asked before touching her waist.

"Yea sure" she said and looked away. She closed her eyes and winced once she felt the stinging feeling of the alcohol coming in contact with her open wounds. Lucas didn't make any reaction to it.

After he cleaned her up, he brought a roll of fresh bandages.

"Sit up"

She did as she was told. He brought the bandages to her waist, wrapping them around her over and over before securing them.

He then began to do her legs. Repeating the same process.

_

"You shouldn't over work yourself" he said as he puts away the materials he used. She sat up.

"Put this on" he said and threw her a pair of jeans and a tank top on the bed.

She nodded.

"And new rule, stay out of my garden"

She nodded instantly, showing she got the message.

"Good, now go make me lunch" he said and walked out, shutting the door behind him.

"..jerk" She muttered as she began to put on the clothes he provided her.

.

Lucas rushed to the kitchen, instantly serving himself some pigs blood from the gallon. He gulped it down, being in that room with her was torture. He didn't how much longer he would've lasted with the smell of her blood lingering in the room. He sighed once he puts the cup in the sink.

He didn't want to drink anyone's blood, he was so used to drinking animals blood, but shit the smell of her blood only made him want to. He shook his head as he walked into the garden.

He puts the tools back in the shed. He walked over to the area that once used to be empty. He watched the daisies sway with the wind peacefully. He sighed again and smiled. Satisfied of the girls work. She really was just planting them.

"..damn commoner"

__________________________________
👇 show me your support by voting on this story! ☺️❤️