8

"Clare!" Sophia shouted for her daughter. She waited but she didn't arrive.

"Where is that darn child?" She muttered under her breath. She walked away from her garden and into the house.

"Jack, have you seen Clare?" She asked her husband, which she found in the kitchen. He was preparing lunch. He thought for a second before answering her.

"I think she's in the back," He said and Sophia nodded heading outside towards the back yard. She opened the gate and stopped once she saw her daughter. She stood there, watching her move gracefully through the grass. Her eyes were closed as she twirled, slowly bringing her leg up, now twirling with one leg.

"Clare," Her mother said. Clare snapped her eyes open.

"Mother!" She said, losing her balance and falling to the ground. They laughed softly as Clare stood to her feet.

"You know ballet?" Her mother asked and Clare smiled softly.

"Not much, I learned online. With videos" She said and laughed again. Her mother looked down. Remembering the words her daughter told her when she was 12. She wanted to become a ballerina. She looked at her now. 16 and learning from videos.

"I was wondering if you could help me with the garden" Her mother changed the subject and Clare nodded.

"Of course," She said and started making her way towards the garden up front. Her mother sighed as she followed behind.

She watched her daughter grab a basket herself as she started picking some tomatoes. She worked beside her, hearing her humming a few songs.

"Do you really wanna become a ballerina?" Her mother suddenly asked and Clare nodded.

"I've never been so sure"

.

"What are you waiting for? A fucking promotion? Get your ass to work." Lucas said annoyingly as he walked around his office. He had many rooms and decided to make one his office. He kept tossing things to Clare.

Stuff off the shelf, papers, books and a few bags.

"I have a meeting tonight with the family I need this place tidy"

He grabbed a folder, "oh and write me a schedule for next week, I have a business meeting"

"Right but about tonigh-" she said but instantly got cut off when she tripped over the carpet. She fell with a thud, dropping everything. Papers surrounding her.

"Your question?" He asked, not even paying attention to the fact that she fell,

"Am I cooking for everyone?"

He thought about it before answering her.

"Yes. Is that all?" He asked. Clare nodded, gathering the papers around her.

"Oh and one more thing" he bent down to her.

"Try not to make a mess of the place more then it already is, shall we?" He said and placed the folder he had in his hand on her head.

"Good day" he said casually and shuts the door. The folder falling from her head to the floor. Clare sighed.

"Jackass" she muttered as she started to pick everything up.

.

"And done" Clare said to herself once she finishes writing the schedule. She puts it back in the folder, leaving it on the table. She walked out and was met by the clock on the wall.