11

"Are you sure this is ok?" She asked with a giggle, her arms wrapped around his neck. He gripped her waist teasingly as he smirked.

"Of course." He responded, burying his face in her neck. She laughed softly, before the door creaked open.

"Dad, who's that?" Lucas mumbled softly, hiding behind the door. His father nodded at the female and she got off him.

"I'll be back" he said before stepping out the room, shutting the door behind him. He put his arm around his son as they walked down the hall, the sunlight peaking in. It was quiet.

"Who's that?" Lucas asked again, twiddling with his dumbs.

"That is a friend of mine"

"She doesn't look like one"

"Well she is" he responded back a bit coldly.

It was quiet again but Lucas couldn't get his mind to stop running with questions.

"Dad, are you being honest with me?"

His father glanced down at him before looking back down the hall.

"Where did you get the question?"

"Well mother always said to be honest and loyal. She told me it was from the white flowers" he said and pointed out the window at the flower. His father put his hand down.

"Their just flowers"

"Mother wouldn't-"

"Your mothers gone. You know that"

Lucas looked down, tears stinging in his eyes. It's only been a month.

"You lied didn't you?"

His father stopped walking, Lucas copying his actions.

"She's not your friend."

He still didn't respond, watching his son wipe his eyes repeatedly.

"I thought you loved mum" he said, his voice cracking under the sadness, the horrific picture of his mother on the ground. Lying in a puddle of her own blood.

"Mother died for us"

"No, she died for you" his father said coldly.

"You're a liar! Mother would be so angry!"

His tears rushed down, his screaming continued.

"You don't deserve to live!"

And just like that, the sound of  his cheek being slapped echoed the hall. Lucas stood still, feeling his cheek sting. His cheek turning red.

"Watch is Lucas. Your under my rules now"

His father grabbed his hair, pulling him harshly.

"whether you like it or not"

.

Clare walked around the library, deciding to look for a book to entertain herself with. She ran her finger through the rows of books, looking for a title that'll catch her eye.