37

•<•>•<•>•<•>•<•>•<•>•<•>•<•>•<•>•

"Jessie"

"Glad to know you haven't forgotten about me" She said with a smirk. Lucas glared at her.

"What do you want?"

She shrugged, "Oh I thought you knew"

Lucas rolled his eyes, annoyed.

"It feels so different" She said softly, walking towards him. She ran her hand through his hair.

"Having you right here in front of me, defenseless"

He glared at her, her hand now holding his chin. She smiled, forcing a kiss between them. Lucas roughly turned his head, separating them. She laughed softly, licking her lips. Sudden steps echoed the halls and she stepped back.

They waited and once the man walked in, Lucas felt his eyes widen.

"..Father?"

.

"Alright does everyone have a spot to hide the weapons?" Clare asked. The boys nodded, each of them having a spot.

"Good," Clare said and sighed. If the mayor was going to attack they had to be ready. Clare took a look at the time, seeing it was already midnight.

"We should rest," she said with a faint smile and they all nodded softly. They headed towards the door but Clare spoke up.

"Please stay,"

They turned to look at her, seeing she was in pain. Hurt.

"Sure," Kyle said with a smile.

"There are guest rooms down the east hall. I'm sure he wouldn't mind"

"Nah, at this point I'm sure he doesn't even care," Jack said with a weak laugh. He wanted to lighten up the room a bit. He only got a weak smile from the girl. They all made their way towards the east hall, each choosing a room.

Daniel looked back once more at Clare, seeing she was sitting on the couch. Obviously thinking. He hated seeing her like this, but he knew she needed to be alone at the moment. So much has happened. He sighed softly before entering the room.

.

"One two three, one two thr-"

Clare fell, a thud echoing the ballet studio. She hissed sharply at the pain in her ankle. She was practicing her dancing, or at least she tried too. She sat on the floor, cursing under her breath.

"cussing isn't really proper for a lady, you know"

She looked up at the voice, seeing daniel. He walked in, sitting next to her on the floor.