21

•<•>•<•>•<•>•<•>•<•>•<•>•<•>•<•>•

His heart started beating rapidly as he kept his eyes on hers. Her chocolate pool eyes filled with genuine curiosity. His face turning red as blood. He realized the way he was feeling and a glare formed on his face.

He felt anger go through him. Angry at himself for reacting the way he was doing. Angry at his feelings, Angry at her for asking such a question.

"Who Do you think you are? Just because you live here or even slept with me, you think you've suddenly claimed a vampire's heart?"

He said, his voice being cold. Clare looked at him, slowly backing up. She hit a nerve she didn't mean to. She opened her mouth to apologize but he continued.

"Look where you've gotten, no where but a fucking maid now, your parents must so disappointed, didn't even have the strength to run but you let them catch you, pathetic"

Clare felt as if her heart had been tugged, pulling a sensitive string as pictures of her parents flashed through her mind.

"You think just because I slept with you, or shown anyway of kindness you think I'll suddenly have a soft spot for you?!"

He began to shout, he stood up, looking down at her.

"Its called using you for certain desires, ever thought of that?! You don't know what I've been through, you don't know what I've dealt with, you don't know me"

Clare stood up, "what do you think I'm trying to do?! I'm trying to get to know you but you won't let me!"

She shouted back and Lucas brought his hand up, slapping her the moment she finished.

"Don't talk back to me, you are nothing in this society, nothing but a pathetic street rat"

Clare ignored the tears in her eyes, ready to shout back but froze once she made eye contact with him. She noticed that beyond his glare were tears daring to fall from his eyes.

"..Lucas" she mumbled softly. He looked away, noticing he was getting off the topic.

"Lucy was getting hungry, make her something" he muttered and walked away, slamming the door behind him.

.

"I wouldn't like your salty tears in my food, thank you" Lucy said as she watched Clare wipe her tears away.