8) Them Fighting Words

"Christina wake up your phone is ringing." Dave says shaking me.

I groan and push him away from me "Who is it they can't be that important?"

I hear the bed shift and he says "ion know just answer the damn phone." I roll over and grab the phone from him.

"Good morning beautiful!" I hear a deep voice say from the other line.

I get out of bed and start walking downstairs. "Good morning." I reply as I wave to Adam and his fiancé on the couch.

"You haven't called or texted me since that party. Did you not have a good time or did I scare you off?" He says with a laugh.

I roll my eyes even though he can't see them. "Nigga you don't scare me. But nah I had fun. Yo people cool asf."

"Bet. Ight so this might be soon but when can I see you again. I really enjoy yo company love?"

This nigga moving fast as hell. "I'm sorry boo. That sounds nice as all but I'm going back home today and I have a lot of stuff to do once I get back home."

"I get it. You don't wanna see a nigga." He laughs.

I hear the door behind me lightly close. I turn around and don't see anyone behind me. Maybe I'm just hearing things and being paranoid.

"It ain't even like that" I laugh "But my birthdays next month. You could come through if you'd like."

"Yea fasho I'll come through. Just for you though. and we can hang out?" he pauses "that is after your party and everything."I could hear the hope dripping from his voice.

"You know what....that would be great. I'll give you the address and everything. My brothers supposed to be setting everything up so I'll let you know when I know. "

He laughs "Okay beautiful I'll see you then bye."

"Bye." I smile

"Aye now don't be a stranger."

"I got you. I got you." I laugh and hang up the phone. I head back inside and see that David has our suitcases downstairs by the front door. I feel a pair of hands wrap around my waist and squeeze my hips.

"Who was you on the phone with ma?"

"Uh nobody important just my brother asking when I was coming home." We just got cool I don't want nothing messing it up.

He grips my ass letting me know he accepts my answer and let's go of me.

"Ight. You wanna eat breakfast here or get it on the road?" David says.

"Let's eat here since I won't be seeing them for a while." He smacks my ass then grabs my hand and leads me into the kitchen.

But if I smack his ass it's a problem.

We head to the kitchen and Joseline is making breakfast for everyone.

"What you cooking smells good in here." David asks leaning his tall ass over the counter.

"Nothing heavy just some breakfast sandwiches."

I walk to the fridge and grab a water bottle out. "Can I have sausage instead of bacon if possible?"

David smacks his teeth. "Man if you don't get yo boujie ass on somewhere. You finna eat whatever she put on your sandwich."

I roll my eyes and Jose laughs "Yea girl I got you."

I lean on the opposite side of the counter and smirk at him."

"Aight baby you ready to get dem cheeks....." Adam stops when he comes around the corner and sees us in here.