27) Okay ma.

i am drinking. Good morning!

.Chris.

I walk out the out the garage and to the car in the driveway. I get in and he closes the garage as we pull off. His parents made sure that we lived close so that they could come over as quick as possible when there was an emergency. We pull into their driveway and Mike gets out the car. He walks around to my side and opens the door.

"Thank you." He grabs my hand and we walk up the step.

"Don't do anything stupid. Ight." He holds my hand and squeezes it ringing the doorbell. The porch light flicks on and his mom answers the door.

She smiles a smile that reaches from ear to ear. "Christina Xavier come in we weren't expecting you yet. Dinners almost ready."

We walk in his mom pulls me away from Xavier. "You mind if I borrow her in the kitchen sweetie?"

He smiles at her and shakes his head no. Squeezing my hand one more time he let's go then walks in the living room. I hear him and his dad having a conversation.

"Sweetie thank you so much for taking care of my baby boy. I don't know how to repay you." A tear streams down her face but she quickly wipes it away.

"It's no problem." I say dryly. I take plates and glasses out of the cabinet and go and start setting the table. Xavier's mom puts bowls and plates of food on the table.

"Dinners ready boys." Zay and his dad come into the dining room laughing and talking.

We sit down and eat. Zay laughs and talks to his parents and every now and then he would reach under the table and squeeze my hand pulling me out of a daze causing me to eat. His mom would notice and she would look at me and smile with something behind her eyes.

"Dinner was delicious."

She smiles. "At this point you might as well just start calling me mom."

"Mom." Zay groans and laughs.

"iWe hate to eat and run but we have to go before it gets really late." We stand up from the table and they walk us to the door.

They hug their son then they hug me. We walk down the stairs and wave goodbye before getting in the car. We pull out of the driveway and he waits till we're a god distance down the street and then starts blasting his music. "Don't try to pull that shit again. Ain't nobody did nothing to you." He says laughing.

"Okay." Tears start to roll down my face as we drive out of the neighborhood.

We make it home and lock the car up in the garage. His phone starts ringing and he answers it.

"Can I go shower?" I say locking the door leading to the garage.

He walks to the kitchen and starts warming up left over food out of the fridge. Jesus didn't we just eat. He leans on the bar and rests his head on his palm. "Yea you can. I have football practice tomorrow. So I guess you can go home after. I want you to meet my friends."

The microwave goes off and he gets a fork and starts eating. "Okay."

He laughs. "I'll call you when practice is over and you can bring me something to eat. After practice we normally lift weights so it'll be then."

I don't recall asking.

I blink. "Okay."

He throws his plate in the sink and walks around a kisses me on the cheek. "Get over it. Before I make you get over it."

He then heads down the hall to our room. I straighten up the living room and dining room then wash the dishes and put them in the cabinets. I walk to our room and pick up the dirty clothes basket. When I walk to Zays room I see he practically has clothes everywhere.