32) My Savior

How'd y'all find my story?

No edited. I'm tired.

.Dave.

"Ma'am." I look up from my phone and see the receptionist beckoning for Chris.

We get up and walk to the front desk and she pushes a button letting us into the back.

"Follow me." We'd been sitting in the lobby for what feels like forever waiting on Christina's test results.

"So. Your results came back from the lab."

I hold her hand. I want her to know a niggas gonna be here for her regardless of the results.

"And?" She leans into me.

"Your pregnancy test came back negative."

Thank God. I don't think she could've handled that. She relaxes a little.

"And your STI and STD tests also came back negative."

"Thank Fuck."

"David." She pinches the fuck outta my arm.

"Damn ole heavy handed ass girl. I can't be happy for you."

"Thank you." She says laughing.

"Have a nice day."

"You too." 

We get up and she leads us out of the room. We walk out of the clinic and get into the car. "So. What we doing today?"

"I'm going to a dinner with my mom. Me and my brother think it's about time."

"Why you ain't say nothing about it. I'll go with you."

I turn the car on so the air can run. "Because I knew you'd say that. I know how my mom is and that's not something I wanted you to witness."

"When you need to be there?"

"A hour."

"Bet. We gonna go home and change."

////////////

.Christina.

The hour is finally here for the dreadful family dinner. I've been trying to warn Dave all day how horrible my mom is and that he should abort immediately. But being as stubborn as he is, he ignored me and said that he could handle my mom. 

We'd just pulled up to my moms house and I could see that my brothers car was already in the drive way.

"Dave we're just gonna eat and dip. I really don't want to be here." I could feel my ears starting to burn and my hands shaking.

"Baby" He unbuckles our seat belts and grab both of my hands. "I'm here relax. If we need to leave just squeeze my hand and I'll come up with some kind of excuse. "

I close my eyes and take a deep breath. When I open them I see him laughing at me. "What's funny?"

"Nothing it's just that it's normally you calming me down, not the other way around. "

I roll my eyes and get out the car and close the door. He walks around and squeezes my hand and we walk up the steps to my mothers house.

"You look good as hell in that outfit."