✨C H A P T E R 8✨

S P E C I A L. P O V

Blake POV

After the dreadful day, I was thankful that Alpha William allowed my pack members and me to stay over for a few days since the weather has been crazy lately and the random attacks that the rogues have been working on.

Honestly, I was glad that he did that because I want to make up for Rebecca after all the things that I've done to her while I am still here. If I had not rejected her, she would have been safe in my arms and not get hurt. I also wanted to have a chance with her by wooing her.

No matter how hard it is, I'm going to win her back but the problem I have was Alpha William, he seems to be very protective over her as if she is his mate.

Thinking of that, the wolf in me whimpered because of my selfishness that he was afraid that he couldn't get her back.

My wolf, Matt, said, "It's all your fucking fault, Blake. I already told you a hundred times that you have to think wisely about rejecting your mate because losing your mate means losing your other half."

I sigh and reply, "I know that. I wish that I could go back to the past and not reject her."

"You really deserved the hate from her. You do not deserve her to be your mate."

I say. " I know that, but you know I can't reject my true love towards her adopted Sister."

My wolf snapped back at me. "She is not your true mate! BELLE is!"

I say to my wolf. "I know that..."

My wolf says. "When will you really understand that she is truly supposed to be yours?"

I punched the wall and shouted. "Why do I mess everything up with the people who I love!"

I push Matt to the back of my mind because he was so damn annoying but at the same time, he is good at advice. I just wanted to reflect on the things that have happened today.

Today's occasion made me remember what had just happened today. I felt guilty, angry and sad. I remembered that particular moment when she walked to the stage and lit up my whole world again from the darkness that once consumed me.

At that point in time, I felt my heart racing and it all brings me back to the very first time we met each other. It was during my sixth birthday when I spotted Belle was eating by herself at one corner. I walked towards her and it was the very first time that I had a real true friend who was loyal to me and unlike my other friends, she was different from the rest.

I felt angry towards the Moon Goddess because it seems like she wanted Belle to hate me forever. Turns out, because of that, I hate myself the most because of what I've done to her. I did not know that she went through such a traumatic past because of my selfishness. I thought that by rejecting her I could keep her and Diane with me.

If I did not reject her, those things will not have happened to her and she will definitely not have suffered so much pain. If things were different, she would not have leave me and the pack.

I walk to the bed and fall back onto my bed and replay the songs that she sang on stage, which make my heart clench in pain fearing that she would leave me again for him.

I walked to the bathroom and took a quick shower before heading back to my bed and sleeping.

After 10 minutes of showering, I went to my bed and lay down on it. However, the problem is, I can't sleep knowing how much my mate has suffered more than me during her kidnapping.

I stare blankly at the ceiling till I heard someone screaming because of my wolf ear. The first thing Matt said to me was, "MATE!"

I quickly put on a shirt since I'm only wearing a pants and head out to follow my mate's scent even though the smell is faint. When I was about to reach her room, I saw Alpha William who was the first one to enter.

I followed him behind to see what happened to Belle. Everyone was behind me trying to find out what happened to Belle.

She has tears rolling down her cheeks non-stop and her face was pale as if she had seen a ghost while dreaming.

Alpha William asked her. "Rebecca are you okay? What happened?"

She trembled with fear and said. "I... I saw him in my dream. It was scary. He was strangling me and I could not breathe."

I thought to myself. " Who was she referring to? Isn't her kidnapper?"

I felt Matt getting angry and said to me. "What did he do to Rebecca?"

I told him to calm down and just focus on what Rebecca is saying so that we will know more about him.

After Rebecca was calm and went back to sleep, Alpha William motioned me to follow him. The first thing he said to me when we were alone was. "Didn't I tell you to stay away from her?"

I felt damn angry when I heard him saying that, after all, Belle is still my mate and he isn't.

I say, "I just want to make sure that she is alright. After all, she is still my best friend. I know that in the past, I did many things to her but I feel truly sorry for what I have done to her and I really regret rejecting her. Just give me a chance to make up for her"

Make up for her? Did I hear incorrectly?"

I shake my head and say. "I'm willing to do anything for her."

He thinks for a while and says. "Then fucking stay away from her and get back to that fake mate of yours. Rebecca does not need you."

With that, I was left alone again along the corridor and saw him entering Belle's room.

What he said was true because all I brought to Belle was a pain.

Unknown POV

I was sitting on my chair and someone knocked on my door and I said, " Come in."

My trusted guard bows to me and says. "Boss, everything is going according to your plan. I have someone close to her to track everything that she does."

I smirk and say. "Good. Seems like the plan we are doing is going smoothly."

He says. "Yes boss, If there is nothing more, I will take my leave."

I say. "Of course."

I get up from my seat and went to the mirror and left my shirt up to see my scar that she left me when I was with my friends and I came to visit her when she was a prisoner.

Remember to click onto the star ⭐️ button below once you are done reading

Comment your thoughts below