2. Nightmares of a Ghost...Lady...

Location: In The Bedroom?

Slipping off my sweater, I dove onto my bed and forced myself to breathe.

Josh might be my best friend and future best man but what he had told us had been on my mind since last week Friday when we had snuck out.

I could still remember her mysterious eyes on her horrifying face as she stared directly at me.

Who wouldn’t remember her face after the in-depth description Josh had given? What had made me suggest we sneak out is beyond even my understanding.

I got off my bed and got myself ready to take a shower. Having been through all that I’d been through last week meant that I couldn’t make my mind settle anymore.

I felt as though every eye I saw in the photos on the walls were looking at me as I made my way to my room and then all I could see were her cold, black eyes staring into my soul.

(Okay...so maybe I lied about making you feel better about the situation...I had to. How else was I supposed to make you read my excerpt? Yes, it gets creepier...but I’m here with you!)

I couldn’t eat or stay up late or meet my boys at our spot anymore because I was afraid of the dark and our spot reminded me of everything. They didn’t leave their houses either because they were just as scared; I could tell this.

Okay, fine, my mother told me and so did Dorian.

Today at school, Mrs Meyer’s, our history teacher, was wearing a long white gown and as she passed by all of them sprinted away.

Of course I was with them, so you see, I knew.

Sleeping, though, I could sleep for hours and not have nightmares, thank the Lord!

Knowing I would throw up, I avoided dinner entirely. (No. I was not pregnant! Regardless of what Dorian or Josh might have said.) I threw my towel on my dresser, put on a pair of bowers and went to bed.

The moonlight shun all around me and I could see my dark shadow at my feet. I could see that I was in my boxers still and I felt so cold and naked that I was shivering.

The trees surrounding me seemed so familiar yet so out of place with the fresh air that was blowing then stopping and blowing again.

I breathed out and a thick puff of white mist was flowing away in front of my face. That only happened when the night was extremely cold, when I usually never left home to begin with, so I knew something was wrong.

I hugged myself with my cold hands, fingers feeling like ice cubes and not aiding in warming my temperature at all, trying to remember why I even left my house in the middle of the night.

That’s when I heard her. Not her but the horse really.

Its thundering hooves were racing toward me from behind my back but no matter how hard I tried, I couldn’t turn around. I could hear her getting closer and closer and closer, just like Josh had described she’d done with him, yet I couldn’t turn around.

There were tears on my cheeks, though I couldn't remember when I had started crying, and kept trying to spin myself around. My heart started thundering like the horse’s hooves and pretty soon I was trembling, but not from the cold anymore.