10. Spots?

Jonny:

Hi, my name is Jonathan Kingsley. I am a regular guy.

Point is I hate the attention here right now so we can just skip introductions and just head into the story

.......

Location: ...

Title of chapter: Josh says I need one if I don't write our location...... Spots?

_______________________

I stood on the pavilion for near an hour before they showed up, all grim faced and moving like zombies. I was not much better off but seeing them like this broke my spirits down a lot and soon I was slouched too and moving slow and limping slightly.

Kyle was wearing the bump on his head comfortably but the grazes made him look patched up. Mark wasn't any better than him. Dante and Josh were glazy eyed and droopy and I was nervous enough that I didn't even bother to ask anything.

We sat there and just took in the silence for what felt like an hour but actually turned out to be three, before Dante spoke.

'Here is the book of secrets!' In his hand was a brown bound book that looked so familiar.

'Hey! Where did you get that?' Josh yelled and scampered up, trying to snatch it away but Dante stood up, silently warning him to not fight. Josh pretty much gave up after two minutes.

'Whatever.' Josh said and we looked at Dante waiting for a response.

'Remember when Josh said that he had been waking up with a book in his hands; that his grandmother had given him.' We all nodded and our eyes were wide already. 'This is it.'

'What's even in it?' Josh asked and it was clear that his interests were elsewhere.

'Well, I had snuck into your room hoping to hide out for the night when I saw it. The book was literally scooting out of the cupboard and moving towards you. At first I was thinking about running then I realized, it is a book, what harm could it possibly do, besides paper cuts? So I took it up and looked through it.' He paused looking all casual then he burst out laughing. The suspense was awful.

'Okay, so in this is a whole ton of info; stuff that we could never even dream of experiencing of seeing. And they're divided into chapters and guess what. The lady is in one chapter.' He grinned and started flipping through.

'Lady Louisa?' Mark asked and Dante looked up.

'Yeah, she's here too.'

'Oh, you meant...' Dante nodded.

'I thought that there was a lock on the cover?' Josh asked.

'Nah, that was a stick on something. Oh, wait, sorry. There's a chapter here on that too. Apparently Spirit Travellers can open those types of seals. Whatever that means...' Dante kept skimming through the pages.

'We're Spirit Travellers. At least, that's what Lady Louisa said.' Mark inputted.

'Umm...when did you-' Kyle started.

'Here it is!' Dante yelled and practically threw the book into my lap.

I looked down and there on the unlined pages were words and sketches of everything we had ever experienced and more.

'So, there are more than one?' I asked and Dante nodded.

'Apparently there is one main lady and every chosen group sees a completely different version. She's like this kind of feminist spirit that makes sure that women who have died cannot be forgotten.'  Dante said and there on the pages were proof that it was somewhat true. I passed the book onto Kyle and he did the same.

'So, from this, what are we supposed to do?' Josh asked as he finished.

'I think we should skim through the other chapters and see what they say.' I said and I took the book, doing just that.

The first chapters were the only ones we needed so I didn't get onto the rest.

'Guys, we need to talk to Lady Louisa.' I told them and they looked up at me surprised, all except for Mark.

'We should.' He insisted and I nodded at him.