13. Spectrals in a Lake House

....*Final chapters to be finished*....

Just kidding!😘😊
Here's Dante's POV!

LOCATION AND CHAPTER TITLE: CLIFF

DANTE:

Surrounded by the pale figures, I didn't have a clue what to do but something just clicked off inside me.

After all this chasing and being chased and trying to stay sane and alive, I just went numb.

Yes, I laughed hysterically more than once. Even held strands of my dismantled curls.

I was still scared but my brain was finally functioning instead of constantly shaking, rattling inside my skull.

Either we stayed there and got torn apart or we found some way to save our butts.

Guys. I wanted to say but they were all quiet too and I just couldn't ruin the moment. Then the weirdest thing happened.

Kyle friggin' fainted. Leaving poor Jaela staring at him, giggling through tears. How that was even funny, was a mystery to me.

I don't mean your typical sitting down, fall asleep on the table type of fainted.

I mean he got up all bold and ready to try and take action and just fell like a rubber snake, wobbly as he landed on his face.

Numb, I might have been, but after that, I was a coward again.

If Kyle could faint, I could die.

Josh sat there staring ahead. Mark said he was doomed, but maybe we weren't. Maybe the girl might just kiss him and they get married and live happily ever after.

Brain!

Wait, Mark?

"Mark, was Jaela even in your dream?"

Something clicks and my mind wonders where it's gotten these new ideas from.