5. Awkward...

AT KYLE'S PLACE

'Bye Jaela.' Kyle kissed her atop her head and watched her as she walked over to her house, just beside his.

He refused to walk over since that would mean seeing Kendra, Kyle's crush as I probably mentioned twice already. As she vanished inside, he turned back to us and waved us in.

We skipped the usual greeting and raced upstairs to his room which was pretty much covering half of the first floor in his home.

The other half was occupied by his sister Kelly and the floor above was reserved for his parents and any guest who decided to stay over. His father had built with a ton of ideas piled together so that the final thing was luxurious.

 His father had built with a ton of ideas piled together so that the final thing was luxurious

-KELLY-

'You guys know why we're here though.' He said as he dropped his bag onto the floor and plopped down onto the thick rug that covered his entire bedroom floor.

Unlike Jonny, the rest of us don't have sinus problems so we plopped down too while Jonny took the edge of the bed, already sniffing.

'So,' he started and Dante opened the door walking in with a plate of chocolate chip cookies, we hadn't even realized that he wasn't in the room.

'These smell sooo good...' Dante inhaled the scent and exhaled while sighing as he closed the door and then set the plate down at the centre of the room.

Kyle gave him a look and Dante was ready to go back up and out the door. 'We ain't talking bout no creepy old lady.' Dante said.

'Not her.' Kyle spoke softly and Dante sat back down.

'Oh, okay then.' He grabbed up a cookie and placed the whole thing in his mouth.

'We are going to talk about...the lady in white.' Kyle said and Dante choked.

've...ven..vertures?' Dante was talking with his mouth full and Mark and Jonny were both looking around a bit uncomfortable.

'I've been dreaming her since that night.' Kyle started in a bit of a rush but still quite audible. 'I think I'm seeing her in front of me sometimes too and then I look back and there is really no one there. Last night I dreamt that she had chased me into the woods and I had ran and ran and ran but...' Kyle froze but Dante and the rest of us finished the sentence.

'...She still caught up.' Kyle nodded; his face red but he kept talking.

'I know you guys would rather do anything than talk about this but I don't believe that that is getting us anywhere. We need answers and I personally need to end these nightmares, guys.' Kyle's head was in his hands as he stared at the carpet as though it could help him.

'I can't sleep anymore.' Dante said before he stuffed an entire cookie inside of his mouth. I nodded my head as Kyle looked my way, mark did right after and Jonny, poor Jonny didn't stop sneezing so he was nodding from the start of the conversation.

'Kendra!' We could hear the shouts through Kyle's window. 'Kendra, get that boy out of your room this instant!' Jaela's mother was yelling which made us scoot over to the window to see what the commotion was about. Through the nearby window, a blushing Kendra and Luke stood staring blankly at her bedroom door.

-LUKE-

-LUKE-

Luke was shirtless and from the way Kendra was pulling at her shirt, she had definitely just placed it back on. I turned my head in Jonny's direction as he stuck his head in to get a glimpse.

Upon seeing his brother, he turned a brighter shade of red and let out a loud sneeze which turned the couple's attention our way. We tugged the curtains closed as Kendra's door opened to reveal a very angry mother on the other side.

'Shed? Or pool?' Dante asked but we never got Kyle's response or confirmation since he was already out the door and gone.