14. Lake Silhouette

Chapter Title: LAKE SILHOUETTE ... it's at the top, just making sure you see it...Josh says it never hurts to be precise.

______________

DANTE:

We're stuck on a cliff, with nowhere to go but forward, and in front of us, there's nearly a six foot wide gap.

If we fall, I'm pretty sure we'll die. If we stay, we'll die.

At least the path under our feet widens.

"What do we do?" Kyle asks and is barely audible over Mark's screaming.

And they said I was loud?

"Jump." Lady Louisa does just that. She jumps and actually lands on the other side.

"What. The. Heck?" I'm now questioning how old this Lady really is.

As she lands, she spins around to look at us, startled on the other side. Unable to even imagine reaching across the five foot gap

"What are you girls waiting for?" She laughs ,to herself, much intimidating.

"We can't. " Josh responds. We are stuck in a position, I feared as much as anyone, that we wouldn't get out of.

"Okay. We have to jump. " Kyle makes the first attempt.

He looks at Jaela and Mark as he says it.

Probably wondering how short legs are supposed to jump across the gap!

"Of course. We'll grow wings, jump and fly, right?" Generally sarcastic I am.

Scared of friggin heights and you want me to jump when I can't even see the floor at the bottom of the cliff?

Heck no!

Give me a bedroom window and I'm game. A cliff? No!

"Dante, stand up" Kyle motions while Josh pulls me up.

Now, I'm not on guys or anything, just putting that out there!

"Bro, get your hands off me." Josh glares.

"Yeah, my bad bro, not happening." I keep my hands wrapped around his shoulders.

"Dante, we gotta swing Jaela and Mark across."

Now I ain't a physics geek or math wizz but that doesn't sound right, even to me. They aren't puppets.

"Do I look like I'm carrying ropes? How are we supposed to swing them over?"

Mind you, I still can't see the bottom of the cliff.

"Dante hurry!" Jonny yelled as we saw our first zombie-lady-person-thing come around the corner.

She paused and grinned showing off her empty plate of teeth and her blue-purple tongue that was dark enough to be black.

"Okay. What do you want me to do?" I responded.