C h a p t e r 1 - a whole lot of problems

Alice POV:

I woke up from my bed to my alarm screaming and the door being banged on. I tried my best to ignore it but it felt like the sound was getting louder and louder. I get out of my bed stumbling like a drunk out of a pub after a night of drinking, I finally got to the door to see an angry best friend in front of me. Maya.

I was going to say hello, but before I could say anything she barged in and, started yelling at me. "How many times did I call you!!, do you know how worried I was about you, WELL, OF COURSE, YOU DIDN'T BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T PICK UP YOUR PHONE!"

When she finally stopped to breathe I finally got my words in. "I know, I know it was wrong of me to tell you that I found Chase cheating and not talking to you or pick up your calls but I was just so heartbroken that I cried and fell asleep, but I assure you that I'm okay."

She gave me a stare and whispered to me "don't you dare lie to me Wyatts!"

I gave a small sigh of defeat and slowly started crying, Maya gave me a hug that only a best friend can give you and I wanted to cry even more knowing that my best friend wouldn't ever let me down.

Just then there was another knock on the door. It's probably the landlord asking for the rent. I wipe away the tears and open the door ready to explain why my payment is late but in the door were two very familiar faces, my parents, "wh..what are you guys doing here?" I asked very confusedly. My parents have never been over to my place ever and they weren't the type to come unannounced.

...

Oliver POV:

It was great to finally be home. London was great but seeing a place you know is very comforting. I had finished my work and I headed to my house where my parents would be waiting for me they said that they had news to tell me.

As my car pulled up to my driveway saw the detail of the entrance, always elegant. I knew this was my house but it never felt like home and I thought it was too big.

I mean I'm at work most of the time so I just feel like it's a waste of space but my dad is always telling me how important it is to keep a good appearance, in everything.

As the car pulled out to a stop, I felt nervous only 4 months till my dad would step down from his position and hopefully give me the company. I've been working my ass off for the last 5 years and maybe my parents came by to tell me that I wouldn't be good enough.

I walked into the living room knowing I couldn't run away from anything that would come out of their mouths.

My mother greets me first, as always, "sweetheart, how was work?", she says while she gives me a motherly embrace.

"It was like every other day nothing special just getting my work done," I looked up to see my father's reaction but like always it was just a blank look of disappointment.

After my mother has done smothering me with love my dad got serious, "Oliver, we came here to talk to you about something important."

...

Hey guys, thanks for reading my first chapter if you enjoyed it please remember to add to your library, vote, and comment.

Word count: 584 (I'll try to write more I promise)
Published: 28/4/2019