C h a p t e r 22: Sweet Serenity

Oliver's POV:

"What's wrong?" I ask while trying to catch my breath. Maybe I made her feel uncomfortable.

"I'm sorry," she says. "Why are you sorry," I asked confused.

" I-I-I think we're going to fast," she says in a weary tone. "No, that's okay we can stop," I reassure her. She smiles at me and gives me a nod.

I roll down on my said and lay beside her and she turns to face me. "Can we cuddle?" she asks quietly.

I wrap my hands around her and pull her close to me and I kiss her forehead. She hugs me back. The rush of adrenalin that I felt when we kissed had calmed down. Though I was bigger than her, being in her hands made me feel safe.

A  few strands of her hair had fallen on her face and I moved it out of the way softly. I looked at her and realized that she was looking back at me. To think that this was the girl I was scared to marry, I thought smiling.

"Alice, I was so worried about you," I say to her quietly. "I didn't know why I was so scared at first, I don't think I've ever been that scared before," I say to her and she tightens her hug. I shoot her smile and continue on.

"Then I realized it was because you're the only person who really cared about me and couldn't lose you. You see my father had always wanted what is best for me but has a really had a weird way of showing it." I say with a sigh.

She kisses my cheek and snuggles with me more. I cradle her closer and I kiss her on the forehead again.

"I knew you could do it," she said softly with a smile.
"What do you mean?" I ask her in confusion.
"You're finally opening up to me, you trust me," she says and rests her head on my chest.

I guess I do trust her.

Alice's POV:

I slowly started to close until I shot them wide open, "shit, your parents!" I exclaimed realizing that I did in fact sneak out.

Oliver gives me a confused look, "Long story short, I flew here with your parents and I couldn't wait till the morning to see you so I snuck out," I say in one breath.
"Wow, I didn't know that I was wanted this much," he says in a cocky tone
I roll my eyes at him. "I just wanted to make sure that you were okay, jerk!" I say back to him. And we give each other a smile.

I get up find my shirt and sit at the side of the bed. While I put my shirt back on, Oliver kisses my neck from behind me. "Here I'll drop you off," he offers, "thank you," I say in acceptance.

As we get into the car and drive to my hotel I couldn't help but realize how much of a catch he was. He was attractive, he was fit, he was rich but he also was kind and sweet, gentle and everything any girl could want in a man.

"Are you checking me out?" he askes. "Yes, but there was nothing to see," I ask arrogantly to him. "Oh, Alice you have hurt my feelings," he says while wiping a finger down his cheek like it was a teardrop.

"Alice I'm glad you came," he says softly to me. "Me too," I give him a nudge. The drive felt so short I've come all this way for him and it felt kinda weird to let him go again, at least I get to see him in the morning.

"Drive safe, Ollie," I say to tease him. "You'll never let me live that down will you," he sighs. I shake my head "NEVER."

I snuck back up to my room and fell onto the bed. But I couldn't sleep for a bit, I just wanted to be in his arms again. I sigh and shake my head at the thought of what could have gone down in his bedroom.

...

I jolt out of my bed due to the sound of heavy knocking at my door. It was the Kingstons! "Sorry to wake you, sweetheart," Mrs. Kingston says.

"Don't worry I was already awake," I rub my eyes. "So, are we going to pick up Oliver," I say. "Not really," they say and I give them a confused look.

"Well, you see," they look at each other "We were going to go and talk to him but...I guess he came to us," they say to me.

I was speechless and I could feel my heart beat faster. "He's in the lobby," Mrs. Kingston said. it was like she could read my mind.

I grabbed my suitcase and gave it to the busboy. We went and waited for the elevator to come, it felt like forever but it eventually came. Once we reached the first floor I could see Oliver waiting in the foyer. I try to keep my cool and breath but it turned out to be more difficult than expected.

"We'll be in the car," Mr. Kingston says before being pulled away by his wife.

"Fancy seeing you here," Oliver says while I get closer. "YEAH, how DID you know where to find me?" I ask sarcastically. "A little bird told me," he says before giving me a quick kiss.

I look deeply into his eyes and say, "let's go home."

Word count: 922