C h a p t e r 11 - Calm seas and tsunamis

Alice's POV:

I felt like I was going to be sick. Not because of Oliver but because of what was going on everyone was staring at us and I didn't know what to say.
A lot of people cheered and some people started mumbling things under their breath. And I saw Chase.

He was standing beside this girl. I mean he did say he has a girlfriend but WHY do I care. I looked over at Oliver he was sweating bullets. I went over to him and got a hold of his hand and held it. He looked at me with fear, and mouthed "what are you doing?" "Just trust me," I said back quietly.

"I have a plan" I whisper to him. "umm...okay...um...what is the plan," he says back quietly through a partially closed mouth.

To be completely honest I didn't really have a plan, but then something came into my mind. "Umm, just follow my lead and go with the flow," I said to him quickly.

Then my plan was in motion. I first went and stood near my father, I was going to explain to everyone what was going on and that we were just as confused as they were. However, before I could say anything I got a glimpse of my dad's face he looked so happy and I turned and looked at Oliver's father's face he looked so proud. I didn't want his dad to be disappointed at him.

That's when I made a little change to my plan.

"YES! Oliver and I are ENGAGED!" I shouted out. "This wasn't the way we were planning on telling everyone but our fathers were just too excited," I said as Oliver walks up to me awkwardly.

I put my hand on his chest and could feel his heart accelerate. Look at his with a smile and say "Isn't that right, Oillie?"

Oliver's POV:

OLLIE! what was going on? THIS was her ingenious plan to lie to everyone.

I looked into her eyes and they were pleading with me. I remember what she said to me "just go with the flow."

"That's right! we're so happy to share the good news." I say out loud hiding my nerves.

...

That was the most anxiety-inducing thing I've ever experienced. After the announcement, most people left after saying their congratulations.

A few people did ask us where 'the ring' was but my dad was telling everyone on how we were still waiting for it to be fully made.

After an hour later everyone had gone home, except for Alice and her parents. Alice and I brought our fathers into an empty room.

Alice was the first to go. "What the hell is wrong with you two! We aren't even dating." She said angrily.

Then it was my turn and I knew whose fault it was. I looked right at my father. "I knew you cared about a good image but dragging Alice into this, do you ever think about anyone else but yourself! Why are you so selfish?" I let my anger on to him and my father was emotionless like always. But then he looked really sad he turned to Alice's father.
They both were sad and said something that I thought my father could never say.

"We're sorry"

I thought I died maybe this was heaven and God was playing a joke on me.

"No, you're not!" Alice interrupted. "This was  your plan all along." She said pointing at the duo.
She was getting really mad and ran off before anyone could say anything.
I was worried about and wanted to make sure she didn't do anything stupid so I grabbed my keys and went after her.

She ran out of the house leaving her mother in confusion. I caught up with her and I gestured to my car and she got in and I started driving.

"Where are we going," I asked "Anywhere far away from here, where no one will follow us," she said looking out the window. "I think I know a place," I said

We pulled up to the parking lot and I parked. she turned and gave me a look that said 'seriously.' "Trust me this is the only place my parents won't check." I reassured her.

It was the parking lot of a dollar store. If there was one place where rice people wouldn't go it was here.

"Why is this so complicated!" She sighed.
"I mean it's not that-" I tried to speak but she went over. "No Oliver, you and I know rich people and it's always complicated with rich people."

"So what are we going to do?" I asked

Word count: 783

I hope everyone is doing fine. What do you think will happen in the next chapter?!
Sorry that this chapter one is a bit late this was a bit harder to write out. Like always don't for to like it helps me out and comment I love to read and respond to them!