C h a p t e r 2 - mediocre to meet you

Alice POV:

I sat my parents down at my small breakfast table and asked if they wanted anything to drink. "We aren't here to stay for long, we need to talk to you about your future."

Oh no, no not this talk, I know that trying to pay for college is hard and my parents are high believers that kids should learn how to pay for their own things, even if it's an education. So, if it's about my future then it's their fault that I'm not getting far.

"Sweetheart" my mom starts with a calming tone. "It's about you getting married."

Umm, what!

"Mom, me and Chase aren't dating anymore plus, I just finished school there is still time to-" my mom cut me off before I could finish.

"You and Chase aren't dating anymore?" My mom asks with a tone of relief. This made me suspicious of what she was here for.

By this point, Maya was trying to sneak out of my apartment like a one-night stand that stayed a little longer than expected.

"Yes, and I don't want.." and again before I could finish I was cut off but this time by my dad  "you don't need to worry about that." By this point, Maya was outside my apartment probably booking it to her car.

"We found you a husband!" They said in unison.

I almost had a stroke, THEY DID WHAT!? 

"Haha, very funny guys," I say back hoping that this was all just a sick joke, but their faces never changed.

"His name is Oliver, he's one of your father's, friend's sons! If I remember correctly you guys went to school together for a little while."My mom says.

"You two will meet tomorrow, ah isn't this exciting" my dad says as if he has been planning this for a long time now.

At this point, they both were just telling me stuff about this man like he was a product on some "as seen on tv" ads. I couldn't take this anymore, why now, why him, why in the morning after a break up and why me?

While my parents kept on babbling I stood up yelled "STOP!"

They finally stopped talking.

"Can we not talk about this right now I just woke up and this a bit too much to take in at this time." My parents looked stressed but had an understanding look on their faces.

"I'm sorry, we shouldn't have come before calling, we'll get going now, but think about it!" My mom says while dragging my father out of my living room into the outside hall.

We say our goodbyes and I ran to the bathroom because last night I ate my weight in ice cream and I haven't been to the bathroom in about 8 hours.

Oliver's POV:

You want me to do what! That is what I wanted to say if the person telling me that I would be forced into a marriage, wasn't my father. Instead, I didn't say anything like a coward.

My parents didn't stay for long, they never stay for long but I thought today would be different considering what they just told me. I had no idea what to do. I'll be meeting a mystery girl tomorrow and I'm nervous. Not because I'm going on a date but that maybe I won't like her and let my father down.

All this time trying to be on my father's good side and it all going to waste because of a girl, I will not let that happen. I just do what I do best, make a great deal.

I drag myself to my bedroom with heavy feet... "a wife" I say out loud in thought. I really hope my father knows what he's doing.